PDA

View Full Version : RE: Ad on homepage The Ashton Twins

Bob
07-18-2003, 01:24 PM
It has come to our attention that our banner ad has caused some controversy. First, for those of you not familiar with The Ashton Twins let me introduce them to you.

Bev and Jo have been playing the sport for many years. Their accomplishments include continuous, 1st Place and other place trophies in VNEA Master teams, BCA Master teams, VNEA Master Singles, Canadian BCA Master Singles and others for the past 5 years.

Both girls have worked diligently to perfect their game over the years and take it VERY seriously. They are in their own right, excellent pool players and deserve to have corporate sponsorship such as AmberBock. Their curriculum includes many charity events, 3 m Canada, Monsanto, Benson and Hedges and MTV Canada to name a few. The girls have done wonderful things to promote the sport of billiards in always a professional manor.

They have been hired by AmberBock to promote the product, just as you would find the "Bud Girls" at many of your local pool establishments less scantly dressed then the Ashton's would ever be! They are attending the Midwest Open/Expo to play with the crowd and that is exactly what they will be doing. Trick shots, contests, giving away samples and promotional products.

Look at it this way, would you rather have "girls" who for the most part know nothing about pool come and play with the crowd, or give it to the twins who can honestly come and play with the crowd? They can give some competition to the sport and indorse the product at the same time. Sounds like a win situation for everyone. At least corporate is noticing the players for a change, so give them some credit for that and come and play with the girls at the Midwest Open/Expo!

Any comments or questions can be directed to us at midwestexpo@aol.com Check out our websites at www.midwestopen.com (http://www.midwestopen.com) or www.midwestbilliardexpo.com (http://www.midwestbilliardexpo.com)

bolo
07-18-2003, 02:27 PM
It is not a debate, some voiced their opinions. The problem I see is how the ad works. First you see them then it jumps to the low cut shot. The intent is obvious, to get attention and it works, wheather the message is positive or negitive, it achived it's intent, we are talking about it. As far as how it reflects on you, that is the personal opinion of those viewing the ad.

PQQLK9
07-18-2003, 02:40 PM
Gee..now I know i'm getting old...I never noticed the boob shot... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif