PDA

View Full Version : Lucasi 9-ball Tourn in Charlotte

Singlemalt
07-19-2003, 05:02 PM
Does anyone know how things are going? How many entries? I am playing the
event next weekend in Wilmington and was curious how this tourn. was doing.

DoomCue
07-21-2003, 07:46 AM
I know a few guys who went (couldn't make it myself, had plans), and I was told there were only 22 players.Haven't heard yet who won, I'll know shortly. When I know, I'll let you know.

djb

Singlemalt
07-21-2003, 08:32 AM
Thanks< I really appreciate it. I was considering heading down to the upcoming tourn. in Wilmington and wanted some feedback on how the 1st tournie went.

DoomCue
07-21-2003, 09:03 AM
The tournament was won by Robert Ray (from Raleigh). He beat Larry Falk (from Wilmington). I'm not sure what the score was. I'd expect Robert to do well at all the tour stops. If you know the Raleigh pool scene at all, you know that Robert is one of the top dogs. There's going to be a couple of stops in the Raleigh area, too. One is at Katie's Cues in Garner, and Babineau's in Cary.

djb

pooltchr
07-21-2003, 09:56 AM
Actually, the turnout was a little bit low (24 players) but as it was the first event of the new tour, that is to be expected. The out of towners took the top spots and the money, but a couple of the Charlotte guys promised to be in Wilmington next week for a little revenge. (Don't forget you get double points for playing at that one)
Also, I would appreciate any feedback form players as to things we can do to make it a better tour. Always looking for suggestions.

pooltchr
07-21-2003, 09:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DoomCue:</font><hr> The tournament was won by Robert Ray (from Raleigh). He beat Larry Falk (from Wilmington). I'm not sure what the score was. djb
<hr /></blockquote>
Don't remember, but I believe it was either 9-3 or 9-4