PDA

View Full Version : Final going away day...

eg8r
07-19-2003, 05:03 PM
Today was my last day in Texas to head up the pool hall and play some pool with no distractions (Next saturday my bro and friend will be here distracting me /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ). I was relaxed and was going to enjoy it.

So I get to Clicks and OPC is ready to play some. He decides that we will race to 5 in 9ball and 8 ball (no weight), and use 1p as a tie break if needed. Well, I was sure Les would take it easy on me (last week he gave me the wild 5 and I whipped him like a red headed step child /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif ). Boy was I wrong. This ole feller showed up with a chip on his shoulder the size of Texas. He beat me 5-1 in 9 ball. The only game I won, was because he left the 9 in front of the pocket.

Well, I decide this has gone far enough. I thought he was going to be nice and I was quite wrong. So we start playing 8 ball. I jump up 3-0, only to let my mouth get in the way of my game. I thought I would let Les know right then that I was going to skunk him 5-0. LOL, would you believe from that point on he won the next 5? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

Since the games went so quick and we had a hour to spare we decided to play some 1p. Now, normally Les gives me 8-6, 9-5, and I really do not have a chance to win unless it is 12-2. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Well, I won the first game and he won the second. Both games I am not even bothering to count how many balls I have pocketed. On the third game (final game of the day), I pocket my 7th ball and start rejoicing. I beat the ole man at his own game. He finally fell to the "Mighty" Eg8r....I guess I was wrong. Turns out we had been playing even!!!!! That is crazy, there is no way, I had pocketed 8 balls in the first game. Well, once again my mouth got the better of me and OPC one that game also.

So much for a nice going away. Just to try and salvage our friendship, Les offered to pay for our table time. What a guy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hopefully next weekend, Ken will be able to come out and play.

If all the other DFW CCBers would like to get together next Saturday, let me know. My bro is in town and I will be heading to the pool hall in the late morning/early afternoon to hook up with OPC. It would be fun if we can get some more people together.

eg8r

rackmup
07-19-2003, 06:09 PM
Ed,

You have to be careful. OPC has turned into some sort of a bastion of billiards prowess and he has no reservations about laying one to waste in any of the pool games of your choosing.

I'm completely uncertain as to how or why he has evolved into this ball making machine but I do know this: he does it without regard for one's feelings, without conscience, with complete control, almost as if he might be possessed by some impenetrable evil being and he does it with stealth-like dexterity.

In the past OPC struggled at 9-ball. Now he uses that to lure the simple minded unsuspecting players into his web of deceit. While you are of extreme above-average intelligence, he somehow manages to gel your brain and meld every mistake you can possibly make on a pool table into one huge traumatic event that you will always be on the "short end" of.

My advice is this: while I would love to get together next week to play, I would encourage you in joining me in a battle against the evil forces that currently possess OPC as I sacrifice a chicken in the parking lot of Click's in an attempt to appease the God's that control the power we need to defeat the "Evil One."

Trust me Ed, I know this sounds crazy but I've had this happen to me too many times at the hands of OPC and most recently, Iíve been subjected to the same tortuous events by Kato as this "Axis of Evil" has apparently seeped into the pool fiber of the once friendly State of Florida.

Regards,

Ken (wearing a necklace of garlic right now)

eg8r
07-19-2003, 08:16 PM
How exactly will we be sacrificing the chicken? Will it be a Perdue chicken?

If I have my way, I would like a nice Perdue Rotisserie chicken, with some mashed potatoes (Boston Market style). If that does not soften up OPC, then maybe we can go to Texas Land and Cattle and eat off his winnings. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

OnePocketChamp
07-20-2003, 07:07 AM
First, I need to offer an apology to Ed, he came out to Clicks for a day of fun and pool not knowing that this was in fact "A DAY OF REDEMPTION" or Texas vs Florida II. Since my pal, Rackmup, just got his game and ego handed to him on a soiled platter from Hooters at the hands of Kato (aka Pompano Slick), it was time to try and regain some degree of pride for us Texans, so enters the Florida gator to take up the challenge. This was a "no weight" match, all our previous matches have been played for pride and the love of the game (no cash) but this time it was to regain Texas pride, it was time for another Texan to step forward and accept the Florida challenge.

I will definately miss my buddy Ed when he leaves for the Sunshine State at the end of this month and I hope to some day make the trip East for a rematch. <font color="red"> And when I come I'll be looking for you, pompano slick!!!!! </font color>