PDA

View Full Version : Billiard Awareness Month

Harold Acosta
07-20-2003, 12:15 AM
Info taken from the Billiard Congress of America Website since I believe it is of utmost importance that all Pool Players in the US and abroad, do something for our beloved sport!

-----------------------------------------------------------
National Billiard Awareness Month
October 2003

The Billiard Congress of America has designated October as Billiard Awareness Month and will work in conjunction with its Business Members to make pool everybody's game.

What are you doing to take advantage of this great promotional opportunity? What you choose to do to commemorate this annual occurrence is limited only by your imagination: hold a sale, have a player demo, host a tournament for charity, request a proclamation from the mayor, hold a book signing Ė the possibilities are endless. Once you decide what to do, get out that annual planning calendar and mark down the early deadlines you need to meet in order to make it a rousing success.

Donít forget to plan for advertising and publicity efforts so that the right folks in your corner of the world know all about your exciting activities. Refer to your Billiard Creative Agency often, as it provides the tools you need to make the promotion of your business more enjoyable and successful.

----------------------------------------------------------

<font color="blue"> Everyone, this is an excellent opportunity for those of us who love this sport to contribute and do something of our own in each State, Commonwealth, City, County, or neighborhood...
</font color>

A model Proclamation has been posted at the BCA Website but here it is:

<font color="green">
National Billiard Awareness Month
October, 2003

WHEREAS, Billiard Awareness Month provides an opportunity to focus on the historic, recreational and educational aspects of cue sports; and

WHEREAS, Establishment of a Billiard Awareness Month will help to highlight the many positive attributes of cue sports to the general population; and

WHEREAS, The game of pool teaches positive skills such as: hand-eye coordination, concentration, physics, sportsmanship, strategy, discipline, and setting and achieving goals; and

WHEREAS, Cue sports promote camaraderie among participants of all ages and abilities; and

WHEREAS, Lessons learned in the game of pool help young people succeed in school and in life;

NOW, THEREFORE, I, _______________________, Mayor of the City of _______________, do hereby proclaim the month of October 2003, as Billiard Awareness Month
in ___________________ and urge all citizens to take this opportunity to find out more about the rich history and positive attributes of this sport.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the City of ______________to be affixed this __ day of ___________, 2003.

</font color>

Here's the link:

http://www.bca-pool.com/cgi/site/framegate.cgi?url=http://www.bca-pool.com/industry/bam/bam.shtml&amp;cat=i

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif