PDA

View Full Version : Just a coincidence

Karatemom
07-21-2003, 03:22 PM
By sheer luck, we met a fellow CCB'er today up at our local pool hall, rukiddingme.

She was very nice and talked to Chris for a long time about everything pool related, LOL. She and I didn't get to play together, but I'm going to make a point to make sure we play a few games together tomorrow. She'll be in town here for at least another day, and I'm off of work for another month.

It was such a pleasure meeting her and a very nice surprise.

Heide ~ looking forward to all the other CCB'ers we'll be meeting in September, too.

Scott Lee
07-21-2003, 07:03 PM
Heide...Say hello for me! She already plays pretty solid, has a lot of potential, and I'm looking for her to improve very quickly! I hope to see you guys again on my way east, back on tour next month!

Scott

Karatemom
07-21-2003, 07:37 PM
She said she had had a lesson with you. She's really nice. I'm looking so forward to playing her tomorrow. I'm not quite the social butterfly that I once was and never did ask her to play today, but definitely tomorrow.

I will gladly say hello from you. Soooooo, you'll be through here next month, huh? Any idea on what date? You know, my birthday, and Spike's, is in August, hint, hint. HAHAHAHAHA! Just kidding. I go back to work on the 20th of next month and will be busy with volunteer work for a few days prior. I'll be thrilled to see you again and hopefully, I'll have improved enough for a few more pointers.

Heide

Scott Lee
07-21-2003, 11:27 PM
Heide...I will be heading to Chicago the week of August 17th. Don't know exactly what day...but likely early in the week. I'll keep in touch!

Scott

cycopath
07-22-2003, 10:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> By sheer luck, we met a fellow CCB'er today up at our local pool hall, rukiddingme. <hr /></blockquote>Just curious, how did you identify her as being a CCB'er?

I keep my CCB keychain (thanks again, Mike) on my cue case just incase a fellow poster should happen into my local poolhall one day.

Karatemom
07-22-2003, 10:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> Just curious, how did you identify her as being a CCB'er?

I keep my CCB keychain (thanks again, Mike) on my cue case just incase a fellow poster should happen into my local poolhall one day. <hr /></blockquote>

I keep my keychain on my case as well, but she didn't notice it. We just got to talking. She asked if we ever go on Billiards Digest discussion forum because we were talking about the Open, and the rest is history.

And what's even nicer, is that she's from Chicago, where Chris and I are both from originally. So she knows some of the players we used to know and all the places we used to go. She's here visiting family so it was a very nice surprise.

Heide

rukiddingme
07-23-2003, 02:28 PM
It was a pleasure meeting you and your family Heide.
We just pulled into Chicago and unloaded the car.
I look forward to seeing you again at Leisure Time when I go back to E. Moline... mid August or so.
ruk

rukiddingme
07-23-2003, 02:33 PM
Hey Scott!
I'll be going to E.Moline around mid August also... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Leisure Time Billiards is a fun spot. Maybe we can get a CCB party kind of thing going.
ruk