PDA

View Full Version : TABLE SELECTIONS - WHAT'S THE BEST BANG FOR THE $

scratch
07-22-2003, 06:23 AM
We are shopping for our first pool table. There seems to be no assistance to selection, buyer's guides, consumer reports, or comparative reports on any of the table manufactures. As a matter of fact there are far more manufacturers that I was aware of!

Can anyone tell me, in the $3000.00-$3500.00 prices range, what are the better 8' tables?

I have shopped Brunswick, AMF, and Proline.

If you know where I can find any comparative information we would greatly appreciate it.

You may email me directly at tkd_dad@bellsouth.net

Thanx,

scratch
07-22-2003, 06:55 AM
Heck, I thought maybe if my question had at least one reply posted, the rest of you might take an interest in my concern?

Fred Agnir
07-22-2003, 07:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote scratch:</font><hr> Can anyone tell me, in the $3000.00-$3500.00 prices range, what are the better tables?
<hr /></blockquote>

What size are you looking for?

For the money, even though I don't normally recommend them, some of the better Olhausen furniture tables are a great buy at that price range. And, I seem to recall some Gandys (my favorite of the furniture-style tables) in that range.

I know other people are probably going to say to look for a Brunswick GC III used. I wouldn't, but that's just me. A used Diamond table might be in that range, and, IMO, is a far better choice.

But, anymore, new $3500 table today, and you'll get yourself something good no matter what brand.

Fred

Ken
07-22-2003, 08:54 AM
I have heard that Diamond is now making an 8 foot model. The lowest price on the 9 foot was $4050 in 2002. I don't know what they might be getting for the 8 foot now. With Diamond in any size I believe you get pro specs and can get relaxed pocket sizes if desired.

I don't know if Gabriels makes an 8 foot and what the prices might be but it might be worth looking into them. I assume they play similar to a Diamond.

As far as the used GC III goes I did see an 8 foot at the local dealer but I don't remember inquiring about the price. They may be hard to find.
KenCT