PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Warnings, Dumb Instructions, Rules

nAz
07-22-2003, 02:57 PM
Very good site.

Welcome to Dumb Warnings, where you may see the consequences of numerous pointless lawsuits. This site is dedicated to helping companies fight this menace which is plaguing society today. In addition to Dumb Warnings, this site will also feature Dumb Instructions, Rules, and other information frequently placed on packages.

http://www.dumbwarnings.com/

(Moet White Star Champagne
Warning: Remove label before placing in microwave.) lol /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fran Crimi
07-22-2003, 04:46 PM
Cool site. Check out this NYC law:

"Citizens may not greet each other by "putting one's thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers". "

That does it. If I can't do that I'm moving to another city.

Fran

Rod
07-22-2003, 05:25 PM
Oklahoma City

While it is legal to serve alcohol in a pool hall, all intoxicated persons must leave the premises.

Get the full text of this law.
Law: While it is legal to serve alcohol in a pool hall, all intoxicated persons must leave the premises.
State: Oklahoma
City: Oklahoma City

Citation: 7-69. Minors, intoxicated persons, etc.

(a) No person operating a pool or billiard hall shall permit any intoxicated person to remain in the hall.

(b) If alcoholic beverages are permitted on the premises, no operator of a pool or billiard hall shall permit any person under the age of 18 years to enter the hall unless accompanied by his parent or guardian.

(Code 1970, 6-63; Code 1980, 7-69)

If that law was held up at any given Pool Roon, they would lose at least part of their customers.

Hopster
07-22-2003, 11:51 PM
Cool site. Check out this NYC law:

"Citizens may not greet each other by "putting one's thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers". "

That does it. If I can't do that I'm moving to another city.<--Fran

They have some dumb laws in New York. You wrote about the guy who got the ticket who was sitting on the milk crate in front of the store, right ?
The best is the law that you cant buy beer on sunday before 12 noon. This reminds me of my kid brother who used to go into 7-11,s on a sunday morn about 3-4 oclock and grab a six pack and throw a $5 bill at the middle eastern guys behind the counter and walk out with the 6 pack while they are screaming at him that he cant buy it. lol
He knocked one of them out one time for grabbing him, but he went home with the beer.
Misguided youths. lol