PDA

View Full Version : If I won the lottery :o)

Cueless Joey
04-02-2002, 12:11 PM
I'd get me a rec room with the new Gabriel table with Diamond lights. I'd hire Jerry Breisath for a month. I'd order cues from all cuemakers in the ACA. Hell, I'd order cues from all cuemakers.
I'd put up a $100,000 winner take all Efren vs. Earl one on one again this time in ROTATION so Earl would realize and admit Efren is MUCH better than he is. I'd put up $100,000 for a Karen vs Allison race to 100 duel. I'd hire Jeannete as the rack girl. LOL
I'd buy out Sardo rack then I'd melt ALL of them.
I'd buy out Meucci and convert the company into fishing pole manufacturer. All it needs is reel and some hooks anyway.
I'd start a cushion manufacturing company in Chicago again and put out all cheap cushion makers in Taiwan out of business.
I'd start my own national amateur league. SMOKE-FREE so people can enjoy this game without trying to kill themselves. Doctor D will be the prez of course.
Lastly, I'd bring back PBT and make Grady the commish. All tourney semis and finals will be on live tv.

Rich R.
04-02-2002, 12:23 PM
Joey, you better win more than one lottery. Your list will require much more money than you will win in only one lottery. Rich R.~~~would be satisfied with one lottery.

rackmup
04-02-2002, 09:32 PM
I'd go on the road with Keith McCready, stake all of his bets, write down all of his "one-liners", put them in a book and sell it at VF next year, open a pool room with a little bar, some televisions and GOOD food, buy an Escalade with "RACKMUP" personalized plates, get a nice home in the country on at least 3 acres, drink beer, eat steaks and take all of my friends out at least once a month.

Oh yeah...Jeanette Lee would be my roomate, Ewa would be my neighbor and I would have the Miz over for BBQ's and Miller Lites.

Regards,

Ken (the dreaming millionaire)

Tom_In_Cincy
04-02-2002, 10:28 PM
This is the crazy thing about the lottery.. if I was to win.. I would buy a Minor league Baseball team and give up pool altogeter.. would live and die running a baseball team.. no more pool... only warm summer nites, watching my team from the owners box..

cueball1950
04-03-2002, 12:24 AM
i would hold a $100,000 added 9 ball tournament...$1,000.00 entry.. limit to 128 players....then a $100,000 added straight pool tournament,,,limit to 64 players..$1,500 entry fee.....then get the heck out of dodge as they say/////////////////////mike

rackmup
04-03-2002, 07:09 AM
How are your Reds looking this season? I sure miss being able to drive the 5 miles from my old home to Bank One Ballpark to catch a D-Backs game.

I would love to have been there last night to see the look on Mark Grace's face when he accepted his World Series Ring! Bet he looked like a kid in a candy store!

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/images/2002/04/03/s3EsH5lJ.jpg

Regards,

Ken (a huge fan of his World Series Champs, AZ DBACKS!)

Tom_In_Cincy
04-03-2002, 09:32 AM
In my 45+ years of watching baseball, of all the world series I have seen, last years series was the best..
Being a long time St. Louis Cardinal fan, I think this might be their year.. The D'Backs were just great last year and will probably repeat..
The Reds will be lucky to win 75 games this year... same problem they've had for the last 6 years.. NO PITCHING..

stickman
04-03-2002, 10:56 AM
My niece's boyfriend is a minor league pitcher for the D-backs. He spent last season rehabilitating from rotator cup surgery. They promised to bring him up this year. I hope so, I'd like to see him on TV. His name is John Patterson, watch for him. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Too bad he couldn't have made it last year.

SpiderMan
04-03-2002, 11:20 AM
When I was a kid in the '60s, living in Memphis, my dad was a big Cardinals Fan. We listened to
every game on the radio during the summers (didn't have a TV back then). Stan Musial was the big man at that time. Once Dad packed up the whole family and we drove to St Louis so that we could see Musial play in the original old Busch Stadium. Tim McCarver was my favorite player. I remember Dad saying that he didn't drink beer, but if he did it would be Busch. But I think he had a couple when we were in St Louis /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif I also remember him taking us all out to eat when the Cardinals won the world series after an 18-year dry spell. We drove to St Louis again the following summer, so that we could watch the "world champion" Cardinals play a double-header.

To keep this on-topic, I'd like to add that I had never been in a poolroom at that time.

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> In my 45+ years of watching baseball, of all the world series I have seen, last years series was the best..
Being a long time St. Louis Cardinal fan, I think this might be their year.. The D'Backs were just great last year and will probably repeat..
The Reds will be lucky to win 75 games this year... same problem they've had for the last 6 years.. NO PITCHING.. <hr></blockquote>