PDA

View Full Version : New Cue, New Problem

Kato
07-23-2003, 06:43 AM
Ok, ok, ok. The wait is over. I've now got this beautiful, wonderful cue. The problem is that I want to hang it on the wall it's so darned nice.

I talked to the Cassman last night and he told me that because the cue is so completely different than anything I've ever played with it's going to take some time to get used to. That's cool. How long until the "newness and awe" go away?

Kato~~~this cue is pretty much like a woman, I'm really in love but afraid non-the-less /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Fred Agnir
07-23-2003, 06:50 AM
Did we see a picture of it?

Fred <~~~ missed it, maybe

UWPoolGod
07-23-2003, 07:30 AM
When I went from a Scruggs sneaky to a borrowed local makers custom it took me about three to four weeks to get used to it. The Scruggs hit hard but was a little twangier than the one I presently shoot with. So the english had to be adjusted for deflection, which was the pain. Used to it now, and love it. Can't wait for my new one to be done, but then have to get used to that as well.

9 Ball Girl
07-23-2003, 07:40 AM
You finally got it! I have to admit, she is a beaut! Can't wait to feel her up in September! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich R.
07-23-2003, 07:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> she is a beaut! Can't wait to feel her up in September! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>
I would say the same, but Mrs. Rich R. would get really pi$$ed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato, pool cues were meant to play pool. Good cue makers, like Pete, create art work that is meant to be used. I think you would offend him if you didn't use it.
After a short time, you will get used to its beauty and feel and you will get on to playing pool.

pooltchr
07-23-2003, 09:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> she is a beaut! Can't wait to feel her up in September! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>
I would say the same, but Mrs. Rich R. would get really pi$$ed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote>
9BG, you really left yourself open for that one!

9 Ball Girl
07-23-2003, 09:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> 9BG, you really left yourself open for that one! <hr /></blockquote>http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/splitform.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
07-23-2003, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How long until the "newness and awe" go away?
<hr /></blockquote>

I've had mine since Dec. and it's still NEW to me. I still really enjoy the feel and feedback from every shot. I don't know that it will ever be considered an OLD cue.

Love the way it feels and hits. Pete Omen did me one great job building my cue.

RJ you will be happy for a very long time. I can't wait to see your cue in Sept at the US Open.

HalSmith
07-23-2003, 06:43 PM
Kato, I hope your cue is like mine , Every time I look at it I think it is so pretty. I even let other people shoot with it so I can watch it as the play. Causeyou never get to see it in action. I know this sounds corny but my cue is very pretty. So play with it , enjoy the feel of a nice cue and listen to all the ohhs and ahhs as people tell you how nice it is.---Smitty

Barbara
07-23-2003, 08:49 PM
Kato,

"Newness" became rote within a month. But my cue still has the "float in my hand feel" after 6 1/2 years.

"Awe" still hasn't worn off and never will.

And if I have to explain, you wouldn't understand.

Barbara~~~one lucky person /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

WesK
07-23-2003, 10:25 PM
Just send it on up here to Virginia (with another batch of cookies, of course) and we'll put it through MikeM's "special aging process".

By the time you make it up here in September, it ought to be just fine.

wes

Kato
07-24-2003, 06:30 AM
Last night I let some people hit with it and I let the cat out of the bag so to speak. Just started loading up a little and let it fly. It's still hard to believe it's mine but it is and I've got to do what I've got to do. This cue has a wonderful amount of action.

Apparently though Pete programmed it with some extra shots. I was on the phone with Tom Cincy last night and I was whacking in table length shots one handed on our Brunswick Beast in the pool room. Pretty neat considering I've never shot one handed before.

Kato

Deeman
07-24-2003, 11:11 AM
Tom,

I don't know who is playing who, aside form the CCB in September but I somehow feel moved to challenge you as the other "over the hill, broken down player who has run out of excuses for missing the easy ones".

So, are we on at the CCB? What should we play, a race to the 3 ball in nine ball? A one pocket match where the first one to sink a ball wins? Or maybe even eight ball where the first one of us to move the 8 ball off the spot on the break wins. Prize? That big hug from 9 Ball Girl. Second place, a one-hour councilling session w/ Bluewolf on inside English! I might even put up a rib dinner at Gridley's in Memphis.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Deeman

Deeman
07-25-2003, 07:19 AM
Tom,

Are you dodging me? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Dee

Kato
07-26-2003, 09:15 AM
No more problems. I'm over it. What I've discovered is a cue that gives me more action with less effort than I could have imagined (that and Scott helped to). I'm still getting used to it and my game isn't as good as the cue. Hopefully some day I'll do it justice. It is a wonderfully crafted cue and gets better with every stroke.

Kato~~~basically informing my buddy Rackmup that he has major problems with me now.

cycopath
07-26-2003, 10:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HalSmith:</font><hr>I even let other people shoot with it so I can watch it as they play. <hr /></blockquote>
Swinger?

WesK
07-26-2003, 02:09 PM
Yeah!

Irish
07-26-2003, 03:20 PM
It took me 6 months to get used to my new custom made cue. I designed the thing myself and it has silver hand carved celtic knotwork rings in it and 20k Gold celtic crosses inlayed into it along with 9 points. I had the same problem as you, I was scared to death to play with the thing and felt it should be in an air tight showcase and not in a bar or pool hall being played with. I never left the thing out of my sight and was walking on eggshells whenever I carried it. I got over it though and relized in time that a cue is not a fragile thing really. You can play with a nice cue normally and be assured it is not going to damage your cue in any major way. Minor nicks in the finish are easy to repair if something minor happens. When you are not playing a match put the cue back in its case instead of leaning it on a chair where someone can trip over it or leaving it on a table where it could vanish when you are not watching it. While I am playing a match I am always holding my cue even when I am not at the table so the cue is safe when it is together and when it is not being used it is put away in the safety of its case. I do not worry at all about the cue like I used to.

HalSmith
07-26-2003, 06:21 PM
Cyco what was it you were trying to say on your reply to my post.---Smitty

cycopath
07-26-2003, 06:26 PM
It was a joke.

I'm sorry, I'll stand in the corner of the room for 5 minutes as punishment.

rackmup
07-26-2003, 07:04 PM
Finally, I get some good news.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> and my game isn't as good as the cue. <hr /></blockquote>

Regards,

Ken (Round Two: August 19-22, 2003)

Kato
07-26-2003, 07:28 PM
LOL..............It's still better than your's Ken /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~sorry buddy, you're outgunned herehttp://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/violent/badass.gif

rackmup
07-26-2003, 07:36 PM
I just don't know what to say anymore.

Imagine that...Ken at a loss for words.

I assume they're digging out the heavy winter wear in Hell today.

Regards,

Ken (Don't have anything clever to put here either.)

Chris Cass
07-26-2003, 07:59 PM
Hi Wendy,

It's amazing how you can make a man blush just talking about a cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~hahahha

HalSmith
07-27-2003, 05:02 AM
Cyco you can come out of the corner . Iwas just wondering , Cause I didn't get the joke. I told you that it sounds corny how much I like to look at my cue. Guess you just have to see it.---Smitty

Qtec
07-27-2003, 06:44 AM
Hal,

Swinger - wife swapping- partner swapping ,etc.

Q

Qtec
07-27-2003, 06:45 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Q