PDA

View Full Version : Q: Netherlands News

Fran Crimi
07-23-2003, 08:00 AM
Hey Q,

I was just checking out some of the recent news items from the Netherlands. Your school drop-out rate has reached problematic proportions and one in 10 of your young people are unemployed. Any ideas what they're doing with themselves?

The number of ecstacy pills seized by your gov't has doubled every year -- in year 2001 it was 3.5 million and in 2002 it was 6 million. The numbers aren't in for this year yet, but your government has now had to double the size of it's synthetic drug enforcement unit.

You've got chickens dying all over the place from some kind of disease.

Not for anything, Q, but life doesn't look all that peachy in your neck of the woods these days. What's going on over there?

Fran

pooljunkie73
07-23-2003, 08:21 AM
tap,tap,tap /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
07-23-2003, 08:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> ....one in 10 of your young people are unemployed. Any ideas what they're doing with themselves?<hr /></blockquote>

Apparently at least one spends his time posting to pool message boards /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Throw in the fact that they euthanize old people willy-nilly and pedophilia is a national past-time. And he's worried about Tulia? LOL

Rich R.
07-23-2003, 08:41 AM
Good research Fran.

Obviously, the grass is not always greener, on Q's side of the fence.

Qtec
07-23-2003, 08:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Hey Q,

I was just checking out some of the recent news items from the Netherlands. Your school drop-out rate has reached problematic proportions and one in 10 of your young people are unemployed. Any ideas what they're doing with themselves? <font color="blue">Up to no good , no doubt. </font color>

The number of ecstacy pills seized by your gov't has doubled every year -- in year 2001 it was 3.5 million and in 2002 it was 6 million. The numbers aren't in for this year yet, but your government has now had to double the size of it's synthetic drug enforcement unit. <font color="blue"> Yes , they doubled it to 10. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif You cant hold me responsible for the E ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif</font color>

You've got chickens dying all over the place from some kind of disease. <font color="blue"> I,m sure its got something to do with those GM foods. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>

Not for anything, Q, but life doesn't look all that peachy in your neck of the woods these days. What's going on over there?

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Fran , I honestly dont know. In the last few years , there has been a shift to the right . I think its got to do with the influx of refugees and the break up of the USSR.

I believe in live and let live . I also believe that you have to firm when neccessary.The Labour party got voted out on a Law and Order issue. Most people thought they were too soft .

And then there was Pim.................

Q

Fran Crimi
07-23-2003, 10:23 AM
Good for you, Q.

You took it on the chin and you're still standing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You can sure dish it out, but it's good to know you can take it, too. Very admirable.

So things are taking a shift to the right over there, huh? Well, geez...if you guys went any more left you'd be making a U-TURN.

I guess that's how everything works. Things get a little out of control and then comes the crack-down.

Fran

MikeM
07-23-2003, 11:30 AM
General: Dutch economy scores poorly

The Dutch economy is doing worse than the economies of the USA and the other Eurozone countries. The Netherlands is the only country with negative economic growth of all the countries for which the first quarter figures are available. The difference with countries like Belgium and Denmark, where economic growth exceeds one percent, is remarkable.

The consequences of the economic stagnation since early 2002 are starting to be painfully felt in the Dutch job market (see Focus). In the first quarter the growth rate in jobs came to a standstill. In the private sector the number of jobs is down by one percent on a year ago. The number of vacancies keeps falling, and is currently down by about 50 thousand on a year ago. Unemployment rises at an increasing pace. The number of unemployed people approaches 400 thousand. Producer confidence in June fell to a record low, while consumer confidence remained low in June. The growth in consumption during the first quarter was modest.

There are also some positive signs. Production in the Dutch manufacturing industry recovered somewhat during the first months of 2003. The entrepreneurs in this branch of industry expect to invest more than in 2002. Furthermore the downward trend in inflation and the interest rate will have positive effects on the economy in the long run.

http://www.cbs.nl/en/publications/articles/macro-economics/business-cycle/economic-indicators/2003/p-102-06-03.htm#General

Glad to see the good ol' USA isn't the only one in the economic doldrums.

MM

Qtec
07-23-2003, 01:15 PM
its hard times all round , Mike . I never said the US had the patent on incompetence, stupidity and lack of effective government. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Take for instance the new european chairman, Berlusconi. That guy should be in jail . Not only for bribing judges but for what he is doing to democracy in Italy.
[ The main witness against B is an ex secretary . There have already been 2 attempts on her life and she is in hiding. ]

Madness is all around.

Just one thing about the economy . There is a lot of 'black' money here.Money that people are not supposed to have , if you get what I mean. We are he 'drugs'capitol of Europe, after all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A Russian/Pole , speaking no Dutch and very little English , tends to draw attention to himself in a bank when trying to deposit a couple of million Euro,s , in small bills. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif They usually spend it .

There are very few retired drug dealers. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Risky buisness.

Q

Qtec
07-23-2003, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can sure dish it out, but it's good to know you can take it, too. Very admirable.
<hr /></blockquote>

Fran , thats the nicest thing anyone on this board has said about me . /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Normally I just get abuse . /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I,m a sensitive guy , really . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

rackmup
07-23-2003, 04:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> I never said the US had the patent on incompetence, stupidity and lack of effective government. <hr /></blockquote>

Of course you didn't or else this would have all come down on you weeks ago.

Ever heard the one about "People who live in glass houses"?

Regards,

Ken (nice to see the team finally getting their bats hot.)

rackmup
07-23-2003, 04:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> I,m a sensitive guy , really . <hr /></blockquote>

It's "I'm", not "I,m".

This has been your lesson for the day. Now, excuse me while I chalk my cue.

Regards,

Ken (that boy is about to drive me looney!)

Vapros
07-23-2003, 05:06 PM
That wouldn't be a drive. More like a putt. Maybe even a gimme.

Sorry 'bout that.

rackmup
07-23-2003, 05:16 PM
You're right Vapros...my sanity is "within the leather."

Regards,

Ken

Vapros
07-23-2003, 06:05 PM
That's real close, man. Try to hang on - a unit is en route as we speak.