PDA

View Full Version : Cue Selling Advice

daviddjmp
07-23-2003, 11:24 AM
I have a cue I would like to sell. I know this is not the place to post the ad. Any opinions on sites with a lot of traffic? I tried Rec.billiards and generated an absurd, childish diatribe. It appears those folks have too much time on their hands. I also do not want to use E-Bay, as I do not give anyone access to my bank account. All suggestions much appreciated-

Thanks-

bolo
07-23-2003, 12:14 PM
Ebay is your best bet. Nothing to be afraid of, I sell on there all the time, I have a bank account just for ebay. A news group is the worst way. I doubt anyone is just going to send you money for a cue and they have no idea who you are.

UWPoolGod
07-23-2003, 12:26 PM
You could also go to www.cueauctions.com (http://www.cueauctions.com)

Ebay is fine. You can put it up there and tell people to pay through paypal which is covered in the fraud case. But then again you are the one selling and not buying.

MikeM
07-23-2003, 01:35 PM
Ebay is fine, I've done many transactions there, but paypal does NOT cover you in a fraud case unless the person who commits the fraud has enough money in their paypal account to cover the fraud.

It's always best to do due dilligence to find out who you're dealing with.

MM

JosefS
07-23-2003, 04:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote daviddjmp:</font><hr> I have a cue I would like to sell. I know this is not the place to post the ad. Any opinions on sites with a lot of traffic? I tried Rec.billiards and generated an absurd, childish diatribe. It appears those folks have too much time on their hands. I also do not want to use E-Bay, as I do not give anyone access to my bank account. All suggestions much appreciated-

Thanks- <hr /></blockquote>

What cue are you trying to sell?

daviddjmp
07-24-2003, 12:09 PM
I have a Pechauer P09, three months old in perfect condition. Becuase of the amount of Ebony in the forearm, the cue is too forward weighted for me.