PDA

View Full Version : In Chicago Area

Mr Ingrate
07-23-2003, 11:27 AM
My wife and I are going to be in Chicago (Elmhurst) for a wedding, arriving the evening of August 18th. Since the wedding isn't until Friday, I'd like to buy a beer one night (and maybe play some pool) with any CCBers in the area. I understand the inimitable Scott Lee will also be in town that week. Perhaps some of us can get together?

rukiddingme
07-23-2003, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure if I'll be in town that week yet but if I am I'd be happy to meet with you. Will you have a car?
A must while in Chicago is to go to Chris' Billiards on Milwaukee Ave. in Chicago proper. It is not too far from Elmhurst...as long as you avoid rush hour. It is located at 4637 N. Milwaukee Ave. Good action, 41 tables, lots of one pocket players. A real pool hall. Portions of the Hustler and the Color of Money were filmed there.
Lets keep in touch and try to finalize some plans.
BTW, I think Scott Lee is planning to be in the area that week.
ruk

Scott Lee
07-23-2003, 11:55 PM
Dave...There are several good poolrooms within 5-10 miles of Elmhurst. Just look in the phone book...Palace Billiards and The Green Room are two that come immediately to mind! I hope to be in Chicago on the 18th. If so, I have to be in Columbia SC by Thursday of that week! LOL

Scott

Mr Ingrate
07-24-2003, 04:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rukiddingme:</font><hr> I'm not sure if I'll be in town that week yet but if I am I'd be happy to meet with you. Will you have a car?
A must while in Chicago is to go to Chris' Billiards on Milwaukee Ave. in Chicago proper. It is not too far from Elmhurst...as long as you avoid rush hour. It is located at 4637 N. Milwaukee Ave. Good action, 41 tables, lots of one pocket players. A real pool hall. Portions of the Hustler and the Color of Money were filmed there.
Lets keep in touch and try to finalize some plans.
BTW, I think Scott Lee is planning to be in the area that week.
ruk <hr /></blockquote>

I've been informed by the boss that I have Tuesday evening, August 19th, free to buy the beer and play some pool. PM me if you are available then. I should have transportation, although I might just take a cab. When I played APA 8-ball I was an sl-7. I figure I'm a C+/B- player.

Mr Ingrate
07-24-2003, 04:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Dave...There are several good poolrooms within 5-10 miles of Elmhurst. Just look in the phone book...Palace Billiards and The Green Room are two that come immediately to mind! I hope to be in Chicago on the 18th. If so, I have to be in Columbia SC by Thursday of that week! LOL

Scott <hr /></blockquote>

Joanne gave me the 19th off. I think it is time for my next lesson so I won't stink up the place at the CCB tournament in September. Can we arrange it for that day?

Scott Lee
07-25-2003, 12:25 AM
Dave...We can try for that day. But I don't wan't to commit until I know for sure that I'll be there then. I'll know by a week from now, and let you know via PM or email.

Scott

dmgwalsh
07-25-2003, 05:24 AM
Scott- If you are in the area at that time, any chance of me getting another lesson from you? Dennis Walsh

Scott Lee
07-25-2003, 12:14 PM
Absolutely Dennis! I just need to get confirmation from a couple of schools, that I am waiting on, which will determine exactly when I'll be in Chicago! I'll know by a week from now.

Scott