PDA

View Full Version : sharked-another stupid story

Wally_in_Cincy
07-23-2003, 11:37 AM
Showed up for league play Monday and was talking to a guy on the other team. I knew he knew Joe Brown so I told him that I had played Joe Brown in a tourney Sunday and actually won 1 game LOL.

He said "There's a guy in Middletown right now who gave Durbin the 7 and beat him 9-0" He couldn't remember the guy's name.

So anyway this guy was my opponent in the second match. He was talking to some teammates who had walked in. I was down on a shot and the guy hollers: "kid-duh-lisha"

I looked up and he was walking to the table saying "Kid Delicious, that's the guy who's in Middletown"

I felt like saying "Couldn't this wait until after the game" LOL. I got up, re-chalked, got set and missed the stupid shot /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I don't think the guy meant to distract me. I suppose I need to toughen up mentally. Maybe I should hire Tiger Woods' dad to holler at me while I'm shooting like he did to Tiger when he was a kid /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Ah the joys APA play /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ChrisW
07-23-2003, 12:41 PM
Sounds like he should have waited until later. For some people league night is simply just for fun instead of competition. If that was the case for him then he would not think he did anything wrong.

I have my own story.
Last night in APA 9-ball I had an even race, close match.
About half way through I looked away for a second as my opponent was addressing his shot. As I looked back I thought maybe the cue ball moved and then he stood up, took a breath and got back down. As he got down on the shot I got up and asked him if it moved. (which I really did not think it did but some folks will stand up to give you the chance to call a foul) He said it did not move and I truly believed him. He shot and made it but missed the next makable shot and I ran out the rack. I couldn't help but think that I screwed him up by asking about the foul. I ended up winning but only by a few points that he could have gotten on that rack.

I know the easy solution here is to always keeps your eyes glued to the table. This can be tough sometimes and I did find out the reason he stood up the first time was because someone walked right in front of him.
Not really much of a story but Wally made me think I could have been like the guy he was playing.

Chris

Wally_in_Cincy
07-23-2003, 01:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ChrisW:</font><hr> ....I know the easy solution here is to always keeps your eyes glued to the table. This can be tough sometimes ....

<font color="blue">Dam near impossible actually /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. It's Murphy's Law, if something is going to happen it will happen while you are not watching. </font color>

Not really much of a story but Wally made me think I could have been like the guy he was playing.

<font color="blue">I wouldn't worry about it. Just think, you were actually helping the guy develop mental toughness. You did him a favor /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Tom_In_Cincy
07-23-2003, 01:29 PM
I also heard that Tony Watson was there and wouldn't play the KID.. even with a spot.

Qtec
07-23-2003, 01:43 PM
Kid Delicious. HaHaHa.

I played some idiot once who introduced himself as "No Limit". Thats what I call sharking. I could hardly pot a ball for laughing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Rod
07-23-2003, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose I need to toughen up mentally. Maybe I should hire Tiger Woods' dad to holler at me while I'm shooting like he did to Tiger when he was a kid .
<hr /></blockquote>

Wally, some will say they just use the wife or girlfriend for that task. Not me mind you but some-- /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
07-23-2003, 01:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Kid Delicious. HaHaHa. ......<hr /></blockquote>

You wouldn't laugh if you saw him play /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif. His name is Danny Basavitch and he got game big time. I don't know where he got the nickname though /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fred Agnir
07-23-2003, 02:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Kid Delicious. HaHaHa. ......<hr /></blockquote>

You wouldn't laugh if you saw him play /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif. His name is Danny Basavitch and he got game big time. I don't know where he got the nickname though /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote> From his younger days of eating.

Fred

SPetty
07-23-2003, 02:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> "The Hamiltucky Hammer"<hr /></blockquote>I like it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Maybe you can help out ol' Tom - he needs a new one... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
07-23-2003, 02:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr>
Wally, some will say they just use the wife or girlfriend for that task. Not me mind you but some-- /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Gee thanks Rod. The thought of a wife hollering at me is just what I need considering I am engaged to be (shudder) married /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally~~been hollered at for 24 years on and off

Wally_in_Cincy
07-23-2003, 02:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I don't know where he got the nickname though /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote> From his younger days of eating.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

Which, from what I hear, have evolved into his slightly older days of eating. He and Putnam were to play in the final of the Viking stop last year in Cincy and Basavitch forfeited because he ate 3 cheeseburgers and was sick /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif (I suspect they had an arrangement to split the pot), or so I heard from folks who were there. Mike Janis would know.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-23-2003, 02:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Maybe you can help out ol' Tom - he needs a new one... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I think SacTown Tommy has a nice ring to it /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> It's icky /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
07-23-2003, 03:41 PM
Danny Basavich is from my neck of the woods. He gave himself that nickname. Everbody around here used to call him "Fat Danny". One day, we were hanging around B&amp;L Billiards and someone calls on the phone, looking for action. The caller tells Benny "I'll give anyone there the 7 and the breaks." Naturally, everyone wants to know who's calling.
Benny sez "Kid Delicious."
Us-"Who?"
Benny- "You know, Danny..."
Us- "You mean 'Fat Danny'?"

Hence, "Kid Delicious".

BTW, like you said, he plays World Class speed. When he's right, he can flat out play. His first big tourney win was the now defunct AFT in Florida. He beat Buddy Hall for the cash.

Eric &gt;sorry Dan, but your secrets been out for awhile /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
07-23-2003, 03:45 PM
Did I mention that he was playing "B" level pool 10 years ago?!

Eric

HalSmith
07-23-2003, 06:34 PM
Q, I was shooting a little 8-ball tourament in home town in Texas and this guy introduces himself to me , Hi my names Montana, as I was shaking his hand I just busted out laughing.--Smitty

Fran Crimi
07-23-2003, 06:44 PM
LOL! Walley, I guess the guy was so excited that kid-duh-lisha was in town, he couldn't contain himself. Imagine what he'd do if Earl walked in the door. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran

Ralph S.
07-24-2003, 08:10 AM
I would have to say Earl would beat the kid, and in reference to his nickname probably say he is just an appetizer. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran Crimi
07-24-2003, 09:05 AM
I was referring to the guy who sharked Wally when the kid walked into the room. Imagine what he'd do if Earl walked in. Maybe do a handstand or something....

Fran