PDA

View Full Version : What bugs' you?

rackmup
07-23-2003, 07:03 PM
The Summer Session of Tuesday Night BCA 8-Ball League kicked off last night and if you are like me, you glance around the room to see who's "new" and let me tell you, last night, there were plenty of new players.

We draw one of the new teams (4-man teams/play each player once) that has one recognizable face and three "unknowns."

I win my first match easily as my opponent looked like the first time he had handled a cue was maybe two hours before his match.

The second match was against a guy who thought he was better than he really was. You know the type: Pumps his fist and shouts "YEAH!" with every pocketed ball. That's okay though, I can deal with that.

My problem with the guy was he would stand directly in my line of sight as I was down on my shot, chalking his cue as if he was being paid to bore a hole through it. I swear I could see a steady cloud of chalk dust flying from his palm.

Was he trying to shark me? I'm not sure. His actions didn't cause me to miss any of my shots but the thought that he might be attempting to shark me bothered me a little. I'm very respectful of my opponent when he is at the table. I take a seat and quietly await my turn and I expect the same from him.

I'm down to two balls and blackie and as I get down on the shot, he immediately moves from a position at the end of the table right into my line of sight and begins drilling that little blue cube.

I stood up, looked across the table at him and said, "I'll wait until you finish your crafts project then I'll shoot."

He stopped the drilling and said, "Oh, I'm sorry" and walked over to his younger, very impressionable teammate and started talking a little trash.

Sharking attempts don't bother me. Woofing has no affect on me. A "wannabee" pool player who thinks he is bothering me bugs me, even though his actions don't bother me. Does that make any sense? (I know most of what I say here doesn't!)

Wondering what bugs' you when you play.

Regards,

Ken (doesn't mind giving it back when compliance with manners aren't met but then it could just get down right ugly...and who needs that?)

p.s.

I won all four matches. I think that frontal lobotomy helped.

Vapros
07-23-2003, 07:08 PM
'Accidentally' standing right behind your pocket while you shoot is a common annoyance. Just pretend you are firing every shot right at the guy's zipper. Works for me.

Fran Crimi
07-23-2003, 09:51 PM
1.) People who take the chalk with them when they walk back to their chair.

2.) People who don't use their chair.

3.) People who decide to eat their dinner during their match.

4.) People who put the chalk upside down on the rails.

5.) People who walk to the table with the ball tray and fling it to get the balls out all at once.

6.)Two or more people shooting balls at the same table at the same time, 100 miles an hour.

7.)People who yell really, really loud just because they pocketed a ball.

8.) People who criticize everyone else's game but can't play a lick.

9.) The house man giving the best tables in the house to people who play with house cues with no tips and don't know it.

My all time pet peeve is....

The house man giving those people who play with no tips on the cues, the table next to me.

Fran

9 Ball Girl
07-23-2003, 10:02 PM
What bugs me is everything Fran said plus:

People who don't put the rack where it belongs so that when I have to rack I have to go on a scavenger hunt to look for the rack

The same people that don't put the bridge where it goes

People who feel they need 10 pieces of chalk on one rail

People who borrow your bridge without asking right when you're down on your shot

Rod
07-23-2003, 10:08 PM
Ketchup on Hotdogs! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Mayonnaise on Burgers! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif That goes double if there eating it while playing.

UTAddb
07-23-2003, 10:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr>
Wondering what bugs' you when you play.

<hr /></blockquote>
a) when your opponent mysteriously disappears
b) long cell phone conversations
c) carnies

Hopster
07-24-2003, 01:06 AM
MUSIC, MUSIC, MUSIC !!!! I hate music so bad in pool halls it aint funny. If i had my way i would bring my rem 870 with me and the second Britney came on the box, BOOOM. One round of double 00 buck right through the speakers. Rock this baby !!! lol
That and not putting the cap back on the tooth paste.

Qtec
07-24-2003, 02:27 AM
There is one easy way to stop somebody standing in your line of view.
This should be 'right up your alley 'so to speak.

Instead of going for the pot, you want to give it your 'power break shot , with a little more lift and launch the Qb at his head.
With your skills you should be aiming for between the eyes and above the nose.

Dont worry about giving BIH, if you hit him , he will be too groggy to pot anything. If you miss him , he will still be thinking about it, and probably still shaking, when he takes his shot with increased chances of missing.

One thing for certain , NOBODY will get in your line of aim the rest of the night.

A less entertaining way would be just to walk round to where they are standing and look like you are viewing the shot from behind the pocket. He will have to move . If you do this every time he will get the message and you will be bothering him.

I can take anything except slow play. You can dance on top of the pocket for all I care , but dont play slow.

Q

Qtec
07-24-2003, 02:32 AM
Is that all? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm sure there,s more. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

OnePocketChamp
07-24-2003, 05:20 AM
Really loud profanity laced music, I'am talking so loud you have to shout at the top of your lungs to flirt with the blond in the halter top playing on the next table. Now, this excludes the song "Superman" by Eminem /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A pool room that only has chalk that Rackmup has been chalking, you know the kind, so used that more chalk gets on your ferrule than on your tip. For this reason I always bring my own chalk to the table---I HATE OLD CHALK.

I hate Scott Lee's magic blue chalk, never works for me, and I still haven't found a bank that will take his $1,000 bill either.

pooldaddy9
07-24-2003, 05:49 AM
There's one guy who bugs me, only time he does it is when I'm getting ready to pocket the eight ball. He will snatch the rack off the wall and stand in front of the table. I told him the last time he did it that it was gonna be a gimme if he did it again.
And where does all that chalk come from??? When I need some chalk I have to hunt it and when I don't need chalk, it takes a couple of minutes to move all of it out of my way.

griffith_d
07-24-2003, 06:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hopster:</font><hr> MUSIC, MUSIC, MUSIC !!!! I hate music so bad in pool halls it aint funny. If i had my way i would bring my rem 870 with me and the second Britney came on the box, BOOOM. One round of double 00 buck right through the speakers. Rock this baby !!! lol
That and not putting the cap back on the tooth paste. <hr /></blockquote>

In your Rem 870,...just try 9 shot,...it puts a lot of nice little dimples all over the place.

Griff

griffith_d
07-24-2003, 06:13 AM
1. I cannot stand when a moron puts a drink on the table's rail,..I have seen some put them on the cloth. He had to be drunk,...it left a ring.

2. When someone puts so much powder that they hand prints all over the cloth.

3. When someone takes MY chalk,...as I bring my own,...it is tan to match the color of the tip and my table at home.

4. When the waitress asks me if I want a drink, just as I shoot the 9 ball,..she seems to do it on purpose more lately.

5. Someone stops shooting to talk to someone and I am sitting there for 5 minutes.

6. The smell of good pizza when I am starving.

7. C&amp;W music,...but, hen I turn on my C&amp;W music filter in my head and the annoyance is gone.

8. People that come to the PH smelling like they have not taken a bath in a week and play right next to me,...I hate being included in their air space.

9. Loud drunk people falling all over the place.

10th and final one....big mouths talking loud trash to someone saying, "I'm gonna kick your a$$" on tables next to me when they cannot shoot worth a $hit.

Griff

nhp
07-24-2003, 06:16 AM
You know, the funny thing about me, is I never used to notice being sharked until I understood what it was. This was about 9 years ago, when I started playing pool seriously. I was so infatuated with pool that I would go to the bookstore and find 3 or 4 books on pool, and read them all at the bookstore for a few hours. I read this one book by Robert Byrne, and it had a chapter on "sharking". After reading that, I started to realize that maybe some of the people I played were trying to shark me. This one tall skinny kid would always stand behind my pocket when I was shooting, flicking his cigarette ashes on the ground. Another guy would talk in spanish to his friend very loudly every time I got to the table. All of a sudden, the next day, I play a tournament, and I start noticing everything. If I was shooting at the 9-ball, I would actually look to find people moving around out of the corner of my eye, thats how stupid I was. Even if I wasn't getting sharked, I sharked myself alot.
These days I have learn to overcome that, with the help of Ernesto Dominguez. He told me, when I am playing a match, to never talk to anyone. If a question is asked, answer it politely with one word. Never show emotion, and imagine I am playing the table, and not my opponent. About a year ago, I was shooting at the 9-ball, and a wild cue ball came flying, landed on my table in front of my face without touching the balls, and bounced off. I got up, gave the cueball back to the miscuer, and made the difficult 9-ball. If someone is intentionally going out of their way to shark me, chances are I will stand up, tell them to sit the f*** down, and wait till I miss. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

griffith_d
07-24-2003, 06:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr> as shooting at the 9-ball, and a wild cue ball came flying, landed on my table in front of my face without touching the balls, and bounced off. <hr /></blockquote>

This happened to me on Tuesday night,...a bunch of clowns "playing" next to me just shooting a regular shot(not breaking) and the cue ball flys from their table 8 feet away, hits the head string, bounces over two balls, hits again bounces over three balls and off of the table without touching anything and I just keep on shooting like nothing happened.

Sometimes weird things just happen.

Griff

nhp
07-24-2003, 06:39 AM
I got something even more strange than that. When the poolroom I play at first opened, they didn't have anything to block a ball if it went flying off an upstairs table to downstairs. One time a friend of mine miscued on the break, the cueball went flying off the table, and over the rail, onto a table on the first floor. I hear a loud bang, and hear someone yell "Holy S***!". The cueball had landed smack on a table in the middle of a 9-ball game, hit the 9-ball, and sank it. The guy who was playing said too bad it didn't hit the lowest numbered ball first and then sank the 9, that would have been even more amazing.

Kato
07-24-2003, 06:45 AM
I eat ketchup and mayo on both my burgers and hotdogs. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

nhp
07-24-2003, 07:15 AM
you sicko! j/k /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fred Agnir
07-24-2003, 07:31 AM
I get peeved when I go into the pool hall during my lunch break, and nobody is there. That doesn't piss me off. It's the fact that when someone does come in to play, the ball person decides to put them on a table next to me out of the other dozen tables in the room.

And then to top it off, there are the players who think it's alright to lean on your table while you're shooting either to watch you or just to sit down and relax. Even if I have no idea who they are.

Fred

Ralph S.
07-24-2003, 07:40 AM
What really bugs me:
1&gt;people who drill holes in the chalk.
2&gt;people who leave the chalk upside down or a zillion
pieces of chalk on the table, basically all the chalk
crap.
3&gt;people who use soooo much powder there are white hand
prints all over the table.
4&gt;the people that are drinking/drunk and want to play you
for money then have the nerve to ask if they can use your
cue.
5&gt;same people that woof at you and say they can beat you,
but never pony up to try.
6&gt;the same irritating drunk that tries to challenge the
table every time me and my buddy are playing our weekly
8ball gambling match.
7&gt;i am having the same problem passing off those thousand
dollar bills.{I have seven of them} /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
8&gt;the people that gawk and wonder why you have so many
different cues and think that the short one is your
childs cue.
9&gt;the thing that bugs me the most is you just cant get any
good old hard rock/ heavy metal on the jb anymore. whats
wrong with Ozzy, AC/DC, Twisted Sister, Alice Cooper, etc.

Kato
07-24-2003, 07:47 AM
Things that bother me:

1) Sideways or upside down chalk

2) Rap music

3) Kids that run around like they are playing in the yard

4) Kids with orange hair that keep walking up to me and asking me how good I am.

5) Beautiful, well dressed women that date guys that wear shorts and wife beaters with gold chains everwhere.

6) People that bump into me while I'm shooting

7) People that don't move when I'm going to shoot

8) Pool room social butterfly's

9) Drugs

10) People that tell me I have to eat sushi

11) Illiteracy

12) Sideways hats

13) Women that break my heart because it's breakable

14) People that scrub the chalk on their tips;

15) People that woof but can't run 2 balls.

16) Bad Chineese food.

Kato~~~I pretty much think everything else is ok. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Qtec
07-24-2003, 08:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I get peeved when I go into the pool hall during my lunch break, and nobody is there <hr /></blockquote>

Dont worry Fred[ congrats BTW] its probably just coincidence! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

ChrisW
07-24-2003, 08:51 AM
Breaking before the rack is put away

Saying "nice game" before you pocket the 8 or 9

Blue squares with a blue circle all over the rails

Ending up one win out of the money

Waiting 1/2 an hour for bar sevice because they know I only want coke and not beer

Asking people to please move from their barstool so I can shoot

Ceiling fans on 8 foot ceilings

Many more that I can't think of,
Chris

Hopster
07-24-2003, 09:58 AM
10) People that tell me I have to eat sushi &lt;--Kato

Kato, tell em you like your wine cold and your fish hot.
lol, i hate that crap too.

SpiderMan
07-24-2003, 10:03 AM
I am really annoyed by people who, in friendly practice matches, take care of "their business" when it is their turn at the table. Why not go get their drink, take a leak, make the phone call, etc, when it's my shot so the game can continue moving?

SpiderMan

Rich R.
07-24-2003, 10:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I eat ketchup and mayo on both my burgers and hotdogs. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato <hr /></blockquote>
/ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

rackmup
07-24-2003, 10:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote OPC:</font><hr> A pool room that only has chalk that Rackmup has been chalking, you know the kind, so used that more chalk gets on your ferrule than on your tip. <hr /></blockquote>

You know this isn't true. My chalk is flat with absolutely NO hole in it. My ferrules are as white as the teeth of a Miss America contestant.

This is out-and-out slander. You will be hearing from my Attorney.

Regards,

Ken (Hmmpphh That OPC makes me so mad...)

CrispyFish
07-24-2003, 10:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> I am really annoyed by people who, in friendly practice matches, take care of "their business" when it is their turn at the table. Why not go get their drink, take a leak, make the phone call, etc, when it's my shot so the game can continue moving?

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>
I do that. Since many players will stop and wait for me to come back before their next shot, I wait until it's my turn so I don't break up their rhythm. I figure they'd rather wait a bit on my turn than think I'm trying to shark them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

rackmup
07-24-2003, 10:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I eat ketchup and mayo on both my burgers and hotdogs. <hr /></blockquote>

He's not telling the whole story.

He DIPS his fries in mayo! Yuucckk!

Regards,

Ken (dips his fries in a 2:1 mixture of ketchup AND Tabasco)

tateuts
07-24-2003, 10:30 AM
Here are some you guys missed:

- "C" Players who agonize for 5 minutes over every shot, no matter how simple or obvious it is, because they think they are supposed to. You become fearful they might make it, because of the extended wait on the next shot. Like Chinese water torture. Solution: bring a good book to read.

-- Buddies who throw temper tantrums when they're playing bad. You know, turning purple, cussing, throwing napkins/chalk, raking the table when they miss the 3 ball. Solution: Don't play your buddies - everyone else you can just quit.

-- Annoying housemen who have no manners. Smoking by the open door with daylight and traffic, loud outbursts of laughter, carting in supplies as you're shooting a long cut shot on the money ball, doing everything but minding the store. Solution: none. Say something and you'll be playing ratty old Table #13 the rest of your life.

Chris

Tom_In_Cincy
07-24-2003, 10:31 AM
I use to let all those distractions bother me, and it really made a difference when they did. I was always using this distractions as an excuse for missing and playing poorly.

Now, the only thing that really distrubs my game at the pool hall is "power outages".

I guess I am just getting older and really don't care about anyone elses 'ill manners' 'sharking moves' 'pool hall owners' 'houseman's table assignments' 'rap music' 'rookies at the table next to me'/// it just doesn't matter any more.. I can still miss a shot and play poorly and not blame them, I know its all me..

Ears failing, sight failing, shot making ablility is failing, geeze.. I've run out of excuses.. it must be my game and the way I play...

BTW.. the one thing that still bugs me after all these years is TEXANS.

rackmup
07-24-2003, 10:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> BTW.. the one thing that still bugs me after all these years is TEXANS.<hr /></blockquote>

Clarification Needed:

<ul type="square">
Would that be as in "Native Texans" (someone actually born in the State of Texas?)
Would that apply to ALL residents of the State of Texas?
Would that apply only to someone who lives in Texas with the name "RACKMUP?" [/list]

Regards,

Ken (don't want a "REAL" Texan to get this all twisted up, causing him/her to travel to Ohio to beat up Tom's aging, blind, no skills, deaf and deteriorating body.)

Deeman
07-24-2003, 10:57 AM
1. Upside down chalk, worn out chalk.

2. Bar Tables

3. Bill Clinton, Saddam Hussain and Osama Bin Dashel.

4. Jump Cues (not in the hands of an expert, but w/people who are 1 for 10 on shots w/them.)

5. Tables too close together for a 6'2" guy to shoot without touching the other tables.

6. SL-2's w/$4,000 worth of cues. It just doesn't seem right. I know, it's their money!

7. People who carry a cigarette while shooting (Hey, I'm a smoker, but can do w/o during a game).

8. People who have dogs that shoot pool or pictures of dogs shooting pool.

9. Not having enough ketchup for my hot dog.

10. Tatoos (on me, not on Nine Ball Girl). /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

11. People who think Earl, Keith or Efren have to shark or use illegal equipment to beat players like us.

12. The quality of food (meats) in supermarkets in Central Pennsylvania.

Tom_In_Cincy
07-24-2003, 11:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr>
Clarification Needed:

<ul type="square">
Would that be as in "Native Texans" (someone actually born in the State of Texas?)
<font color="blue"> If my history lessons don't fail me.. only Indians, snakes and bushes (misquite) are native to the area you and your fellow residents call Texas. So, Native Texans are exempt from my 'Bugs still' claim.
</font color>
Would that apply to ALL residents of the State of Texas?
<font color="blue"> I have friends and relatives living in Texas. I still say they bug me. I'm just taking more time to deal with it than the pool related 'bugs'</font color>

Would that apply only to someone who lives in Texas with the name "RACKMUP?" <font color="blue">Even transplants have to have somewhere to be from, too bad its Texas. </font color>
[/list]
Regards,

Ken (don't want a "REAL" Texan to get this all twisted up, causing him/her to travel to Ohio to beat up Tom's aging, blind, no skills, deaf and deteriorating body.) <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">I think I would have a better chance of being beat up from an old snooker coach in the Netherlands. </font color>

Rod
07-24-2003, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
9. Not having enough ketchup for my hot dog.

<hr /></blockquote>

http://phillustrations.com/art/ketchup.jpg /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan
07-24-2003, 11:14 AM
Yes, it's funny how sometimes we go out of our way to be courteous, and never know how it is really interpreted. I think I'd agree with your method during any serious competition, but I'm talking no-stakes recreational play with friends you trust not to cheat.

For a similar example, I seldom congratulate my opponent on shotmaking. I just have a policy of staying quiet while others are shooting, but who knows if maybe they are miffed that I didn't acknowledge their deeds?

SpiderMan

griffith_d
07-24-2003, 11:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> I am really annoyed by people who, in friendly practice matches, take care of "their business" when it is their turn at the table. Why not go get their drink, take a leak, make the phone call, etc, when it's my shot so the game can continue moving?

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

That is probably because they do not trust you if they were gone, because they are dishonest.

Griff

Rod
07-24-2003, 11:32 AM
Geez thats gross, and french fries to? /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I can deal with ketchup but the extra "grease" from mayo, yuckk. You ever see mayo in a dish after it sat for a while? It turns into grease. Go pack your front wheel bearings or lube up some squeaky parts, front door etc. It will work as a lubricant because I've used it before. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You remember that tripple by pass Wes just had? ( sorry wes )

~~~ rod, never used it on wheel bearings, the viscosity is to light

Rod
07-24-2003, 12:45 PM
I haven't figured that one out either. If they get into one of those b/s cell phone calls that appears to not have a near ending, I just shoot anyway. If they want to conduct business, whatever, it shouldn't inconvenience me. I've started to be a hard ass about that, if they say something, I say, I didn't come here to listen to you talk on the phone. It hasn't always been that pleasant and I may not play with them again. I no longer play with some guys because when were in a ring game( but mostly scotch doubles ) the cell phones go off. They say come down and play, I do and the same crap happens, plus they whine when they lose. Now they say, how come you never come down? Arrrgh, what part of the english language do they not understand? End of Rant!! LOL

ChrisW
07-24-2003, 01:35 PM
I've seen more than once a guy shoot one handed because his other hand was too busy holding the phone.

At least the game is moving.
Chris

rackmup
07-24-2003, 05:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ChrisW:</font><hr> I've seen more than once a guy shoot one handed because his other hand was too busy holding the phone.

At least the game is moving.
<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I was on the phone with Tom Cincy last night and I was whacking in table length shots one handed on our Brunswick Beast in the pool room. Pretty neat considering I've never shot one handed before.<hr /></blockquote>

Kato: The Consumate Pool Player.

Regards,

Ken

OnePocketChamp
07-24-2003, 05:56 PM
Geez ole fella calm down, I was only refering to your constantly chalking icon thing you've got going on your posts. You know, the thing that annoys Qtec!

Having never met any Miss America's, can't compare your ferrules to them but will concede you keep your cues very clean with your yellow towel.

rackmup
07-24-2003, 06:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Never dated a Miss America OPC:</font><hr> ...with your yellow towel. <hr /></blockquote>

(That towel is my secret weapon. Sshhhh!)

Regards,

Ken (has the power of the yellow towel on his side)

holls
07-25-2003, 08:08 AM
Ping pong in pool rooms. Need I say more???

RedHell
07-25-2003, 08:48 AM
1- Getting to a table with no rack or no rest !

2- Getting a Centanial Blue circle in a set of Arramith, or for that matter any mismatch of balls brand or size...

3- People that keeps reelling the chalk back at the drink table.

4- Anyone standing within 4 feet of my table, be it in front, side or back, I don't care. If you ain't shooting, sit down !

5- People that come and can't realise that the cue they just pick up to go play with, is my break cue.

6- Any foreign object to the game of pool on a table, be it a drink, an ashtray, a cigarette or your butt !!!

7- The guy on the next table that always seems to make you weight for him to rack, instead of letting you shoot your shot.

8- People walking by your table who notice you have a hard shot and stop right in your shooting line to see if you'll make it !

9- Opponents that says nice shot when you completely missed it.

10- Being at home with no table and no one to play with !

griffith_d
07-25-2003, 10:49 AM
what bug's me when playing is:

1. The person I am playing does not leave me wide open every time.

2. When someone does a break and run on me and I do not get to shoot after they are finished.

3. When I do not get ball in hand every time it is my turn.

4. When I do not a free drink every time a make the 9 on the break.

5. When the PH charges for pool time.

6. That the PH does not have new felt every week that I play in my 9 ball tournament.

7. I cannot stand all of the clapping from the bystanders when I chalk my cue correctly.

8. I when I arrive at the PH, I do not get to park at the front door everytime.

9. I cannot stand when no one offers to clean my cue for me.

and the big big big 10th thing that bugs me,.....

I cannot stand that I do not win every game.

Griff

UWPoolGod
07-25-2003, 11:01 AM
Number 1 Gripe: Putting chalk upside down
2. standing in front of the pocket being shot at.
3. Loud chatty talkers.
4. 12 year olds running by the table.
5. Smoke.
6. Any Country music being played.
7. guys exposing their crack while stroking the cue.
8. white hand powder all over the cloth.

Scott Lee
07-25-2003, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote OnePocketChamp:</font><hr> I hate Scott Lee's magic blue chalk, never works for me, and I still haven't found a bank that will take his $1,000 bill either. <hr /></blockquote>

Les...Don't give up! LOL There must be SOMEBODY who will cash that for ya! LMAO As far as the magic chalk...well, what can I tell ya? It goes with the magic cue! LOL
Looking forward to seeing you again this fall!

Scott

griffith_d
07-25-2003, 11:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote OnePocketChamp:</font><hr> Really loud profanity laced music, I'am talking so loud you have to shout at the top of your lungs to flirt with the blond in the halter top playing on the next table. Now, this excludes the song "Superman" by Eminem /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A pool room that only has chalk that Rackmup has been chalking, you know the kind, so used that more chalk gets on your ferrule than on your tip. For this reason I always bring my own chalk to the table---I HATE OLD CHALK.

I hate Scott Lee's magic blue chalk, never works for me, and I still haven't found a bank that will take his $1,000 bill either. <hr /></blockquote>

Please let me know who takes the Scott Lee $1000 bill,...right now it is taking up room in my pool instruction book.

Griff

Kato
07-26-2003, 09:05 AM
Rod, we've all gotta die sometime. I'm dying with mayo on my burger, hotdogs, corndogs, and fries. It's yummy, I don't care what it looks like 3 days later. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato~~~will take Rod to lunch someday and show him how to eat his chow "Kato Style"

PS. Ken, you're a sissy, you won't even TRY it 'cause you know you'll like it. I resisted for 29 years, couldn't do it anymore. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman
07-26-2003, 09:12 AM
Kato,

I'll buy you a US Open hot dog with all the Mayo the law will allow in September. I'll even throw in a beer w/o Mayo!!! Just let me have my ketchup.

Dee- ate Mayo on fries in Europe. Freedom, not French Fries!

Ralph S.
07-26-2003, 09:18 AM
Mayo On french fries is good, but tartar sauce on them is the bomb. Try it sometime, you'll like it.

Kato
07-26-2003, 09:24 AM
Sounds like a plan Deeman. I love U.S. Open hotdogs!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

cycopath
07-26-2003, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> Mayo On french fries is good, but tartar sauce on them is the bomb. Try it sometime, you'll like it. <hr /></blockquote>
(Carl Childers voice) "I like mustard on french fried taters."

Qtec
07-26-2003, 12:32 PM
MMMmmm. Begian fries, mayo , raw onion and peanut butter sauce. Its called a 'Patatje Oorlog'.

Belgian fries are the best.

Q

bluewolf
07-26-2003, 12:38 PM
This guy in our poolhall takes so long on every shot, he turns an hour match into a 2-3 hour match just to play with his opponent's head. People here are seriously thinking of voting him up at handicap review just because everybody hates him.

Other than that,all mean people bug me.

Laura

zooom101
07-26-2003, 01:15 PM
I really hate morons that think they know the rules. Especially in an 8 or 9 ball game when they call a safety and then feel that they can hit the cueball wherever they want and not have to touch a legal ball or rail just because they called a safety. Then they'll argue with me about it. What Idiots!

Billy~hates to miss

zooom101
07-26-2003, 01:21 PM
The fact that I can die for my country, but cant play in a pool league. Really helps the games image

rackmup
07-26-2003, 05:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bluewolf:</font><hr> People here are seriously thinking of voting him up at handicap review just because everybody hates him.

<hr /></blockquote>

Oohh...that'll speed him up.

I say you take him out back and ...

Regards,

Ken (the only thing worse than slow play is no play)

rackmup
07-26-2003, 05:43 PM
Ketchup belongs on a good, thick, juicy burger.
Mayo belongs on a BLT with smoked bacon, crisp iceberg lettuce and vine-ripened tomatoes.
Mustard belongs on a plump brat or good old American hotdog.
Tartar Sauce belongs in the trash and the guy who invented it belongs in prison.
Cream Gravy belongs on a huge chicken-fried steak, sitting next to fresh corn-on-the-cob and plate space threatened by a huge pile of real mashed potatoes covered in that same artery-hardening gravy.

So there. That's all I have to say about that.

Regards,

Ken (hungry now)

LC3
07-27-2003, 05:40 PM
Somebody who isn't even with me screwing with my table while I'm shooting. This includes grabbing the bridge from under my table because he's too lazy to get the bridge that's on the other side of his table, grabbing the chalk that's right in my line of sight because it's closer to him than the chalk on his table, and of course the butt thudding on my table while I'm down on a shot.

ras314
07-27-2003, 06:18 PM
One I haven't seen listed is the guy who chalks up his hands to the elbows just BEFORE he racks the balls. Amazing how much white stuff stays on the balls.

Same jerk will drill the chalk on the tip, squeak squeak while you are getting down on the shot. Then slam the chalk down right on your line of aim about the time you pull the trigger. Upside down of course. Afraid I'm going to educate him one of these days.

kingarthur
07-27-2003, 09:20 PM
shooting billiards in full platemail. It's got to be done during times of war though. The worst is when a fly gets up in your platemail on a difficult carom shot.

LC3
07-28-2003, 03:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr>Same jerk will drill the chalk on the tip, squeak squeak...<hr /></blockquote>
There's a guy where I play who has this thing about slamming a heavy file into his tip for five or ten minutes, apparently thinking that the effectiveness is determined by the loudness. Why someone that concerned about the exactitude of his tip doesn't have his own cue is beyond me. I wonder if he does it to shark the other players.