PDA

View Full Version : Corner Billiards (NYC) leagues?

CrispyFish
07-24-2003, 07:33 AM
Anybody here play in a league at Corner Billiards -- either straight pool or 9-ball? I'm considering switching from APA to a different league, so I'm interested in hearing people's experiences...

9 Ball Girl
07-24-2003, 08:12 AM
Hey Crispy! Corner Billiards has several leagues:

Sunday Nights: D Level Players Only 9 Ball (Individual)
Monday Nights: Straight Pool
Tuesday Nights: 8 Ball (Individual) and One Pocket
Wednesday Nights: 9 Ball Teams and One Pocket
Thursday Nights: A-B-C Level Players 9 Ball (Individual) and One Pocket

Here's their League Info (http://www.cornerbilliards.com/htdocs/leagues/)

CrispyFish
07-24-2003, 08:19 AM
Thanks, Wendy! I didn't realize they have so many league options!

Now to choose one... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Do these leagues tend to run late? For example, if I join a 6:30 league, around when could I reasonably expect to finish?

alienvampire
07-24-2003, 09:52 AM
You should expect to be finished pretty quickly. The longest matches would probably be some one hole and some straight pool games. I've been playing in the straight pool league there for years and have never played a match over 2 hours.

If you play team 9-ball, you will be there just a little longer, as you will probably stick around to watch the rest of the team if you happen to play first. For the team league, there are 4 matches played on two tables simultaneously, so at most, you wait to watch one race to 7...no biggie...

Waiting for a table to practice on - that's a whole different story!

9 Ball Girl
07-24-2003, 09:57 AM
It would also depend on the player. When I used to play on their 8 ball league, I came across 2 players that was like watching paint dry! Ay yi yi! From what I remember, the 8 ball is a race to 6, I started playing at 6:30 and stopped playing when the second session was starting at about 9ish! When I was in the finals, I started playing this guy at 6:30 and I sunk my final 8 ball at 9:30! And it was only a race to 4!!!

Whichever you choose, Good Luck!