PDA

View Full Version : Might need a job

Ralph S.
07-24-2003, 08:42 AM
I was just wandering if one of the several computer whizzes that works for the government and posts here could get me a job. Lately it seems they are the only ones with secure employment.

The company I work for just laid off 40 workers plant wide. I was missed by 3 people. Since we supply G.M., and the plants we supply are in contract negotiations with their workers who are threating to strike, I could still get the axe very easily.

It just seems like the job market as a whole, nationally, really sucks right now. Just had to vent a little after nearly getting my walking papers last night.

Qtec
07-24-2003, 08:59 AM
Hang in there Ralph. Think positive , you are still in.

Best of luck,

Qtec

Rich R.
07-24-2003, 09:39 AM
Ralph, you have to be careful what government job you take too. Bush and many others in the Republican party want to contract out a lot of government jobs, to private companies.
I don't know how they are convincing congress that this is a good idea. There are a lot of private contractors working at the agency where I work. You get inferior work from people getting paid a lot more money than the government employees. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
They also leave the job as soon as a better offer comes their way and the government has to train someone new.

heater451
07-24-2003, 03:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Ralph, you have to be careful what government job you take too. <hr /></blockquote><font color="blue">Yeah, maybe you should join the Army, they'll probably be in business awhile. . . . /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>Bush and many others in the Republican party want to contract out a lot of government jobs, to private companies.
I don't know how they are convincing congress that this is a good idea.<hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">I would say the bean-counters and special-interests, and maybe even the bean-counters OF the special-interests.</font color> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> There are a lot of private contractors working at the agency where I work. You get inferior work from people getting paid a lot more money than the government employees.<hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">Partially agreed.</font color> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
They also leave the job as soon as a better offer comes their way and the government has to train someone new. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">Definitely, agreed.</font color>

<font color="blue">Anyway, Ralph, I hope things work out well for you, whether you get to stay, or something better comes along--quickly. (I've been on a new job now--finally--for just over a month. I am very glad.)</font color>

=====================