PDA

View Full Version : Sigel Cues

Jay
07-24-2003, 12:31 PM
I went to a local billiards supplier that sell cues both custom and production. If most of you have read my other posts then you already know that I am in the business of shopping for a cue. Well when I get in there the owner was friendly and w got down to business. I told him that my price range was about 150. I asked him whether or not I should buy a fiberglass/ graphite wrapped cue and he said that the only reason I should buy a fiberglass cue is if i keep i cue in the car 80% of the time. Well anyways I inquired about some companies like Viking and Meucci but he said that they are good companies but what surprised me is that what he handed me was a Mike Sigel cue. It was nice it had real inlays with ivory diamonds. One of the conditions of the shop is that the you cant buy a cue without tying it out and since they are a billiards supply shop, he has a table set up just for that. So i chalked it a little and played it and by my surprise it played very smooth and it was solid. Wellto make a long story short. Im now 126 poorer and an own of a Mike Sigel cue. Now can anyone tell me whether or not I made a good decision or was I scammed. Ive heard of Mike Sigel cues but never played them. Anyone have any opinions on the cues. I have 14days to return the cue. Please help

Deeman
07-24-2003, 12:48 PM
If you like the cue and it plays well, you have made a very good buy. Don't listen to anyone except your own feelings and stroke. Understand, if you buy a $10 Walmart Cue and you like it, you are doing great. I belive Mike's lower level cue are made overseas. So what, your car is probably made there as well.

Be happy and shoot with it until it falls apart or you get tired of it.

Deeman

Wally_in_Cincy
07-24-2003, 01:22 PM
You spent less than you had budgeted.

You like the hit of the cue.

You like the looks of the cue.

Sounds like you did alright. Enjoy.

Brady_Behrman
07-24-2003, 01:36 PM
double post, sorry

Brady_Behrman
07-24-2003, 01:36 PM
Sigel Cues are a sponsor of my www.Fantasy9Ball.com (http://www.Fantasy9Ball.com). Everyone loves them! They look sharp and do indeed hit great.

jjinfla
07-24-2003, 01:53 PM
I didn't know you could get a Mike Sigel autographed cue that cheap. Just keep in mind that Mike is a lefty and all his cues are designed for lefties. Jake

UGOTACTION
07-24-2003, 01:55 PM
i have one of his jump break cues. i think that play just as good as my custom cue that wasnt nearly as cheep as the sigel cue. the pool room that i play at is a dealer for sigel cues. in my oppinion you got a great deal. they play good. but your oppinion is the only one that matters. i know a great player that plays with a $35 players sneaky pete. (actually it probably cost about 60) but the point is if your happy and get to know the cue then you can play with just about anything.

Brady_Behrman
07-24-2003, 10:07 PM
Mike has a lowen series now aswell..

www.sigelsunlimited.com (http://www.sigelsunlimited.com)