PDA

View Full Version : Darts and Pool

nAz
07-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Do any of you guys/gals play Darts as well as pool? I notice a lot of the bar players here in NYC do both but most play darts better.
I have been playing Darts at a couple of different Bars lately and at one place I beat this guy 3 times. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Afterwards he ask me to join their Dart team league. I do not know if I want to do it cause I'll probably loose intrest in it after a month like i do with most things /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif plus i do not want to buy any equipment.
Anyways how competitive are these leagues? what kind of Prizes?

UWPoolGod
07-24-2003, 01:16 PM
I had never played darts until I joined a fun pool league and a couple of the guys played darts. Now I have my own darts and just bought a nice electronic dartboard for home. The GLD X-treme (great display and options). Since I don't have a pool table at home I can practice darts. I get mad losing at anything to anyone and now I have to beat my best friend in darts (he is better) since I already get him in pool. I am alright but there are two guys here who have played in Vegas national tourneys and are dead accurate. They beat me....but I don't have to like it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Todd <--- threw a 5 bulls with three darts to win the other day and run around the bar

Keith Talent
07-24-2003, 01:49 PM
The darts, the darts ... now yer talkin' matey. Had a great run wif em back in London in the '80s, but got all tangled up wif a bird what was nuthin in the end but a organ donor and that was the end of that story.

PQQLK9
07-24-2003, 03:53 PM
Huh...what did u just say Matey? Is a bird a woman (chick), and is an Organ Donor a motorcycle...bear wif me I don't catch on too fast. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Keith Talent
07-24-2003, 04:02 PM
Me exploits was fictional. I was only doing me hairy chest to entertain. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nAz
07-25-2003, 07:17 AM
I guess not too many people here do both "sports"

hehe think I'll do it. atleats for a season /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RedHell
07-25-2003, 08:01 AM
I played league darts for 3 years while living in Bermuda. Tho we were playing steel darts and not plastic tips. Dart is very competitive over there (big british influence). I entered the qualifying for the national team, we started 64, I made the final 16 and ended up 12th. They were going only with 8 men, so I didn't even get to be substitute. My wife tho made the women team, so I got to fly in St-Lucia with the national team and watch them play there for 10 days in the Carribean championship (wich inlude Florida).

I'm not sure how they run leagues in the US, but In Bermuda, dart nights used to take forever. I much prefer the pool league after all.