PDA

View Full Version : Something else to think about...

rackmup
07-24-2003, 06:28 PM
So, it's late in the afternoon on a lazy Sunday and you're at the pool hall. Either your wife is away visiting her mom, your girlfriend is at the mall with her girlfriends or you are like me and cannot keep a wife for more than three years and the thought of having a girlfriend makes you so nervous you nearly black out.

You're practicing some nine-ball drills by yourself and some guy walks up and asks, "Need someone to play against?"

You reply, "I'm just practicing and not interested in gambling but if you want to hit a few, sure."

So the stranger racks the first game and gives you the only shot you'll have for the next several hours...the break. You fail to make a ball and this guy runs rack-after-rack, never missing and always getting perfect shape. He has a thunder break, pockets three or four on every snap and doesn't seem capable of making even the slightest error.

"Man, YOU ARE GOOD! you shout.

A "Thanks" is quick to follow your praise of the stranger's game.

You introduce yourself and ask your opponents name. His reply?

"Genie."

"Genie?" you query.

"Yep...like the kind in a bottle", he replies.

"Well "Genie"...I don't know who taught you how to play or who you really are but MAN! I wish I could play like you!"

"Really? he asks.

"Yes...REALLY", you retort.

"Well, I can give you three wishes. The first you've already used. You asked to be a good player and now, you are", he proclaims.

You try a few easy shots and make them. You try to miss a few shots but you can't. Everything goes in. It's simply amazing.

"Now, about those other two wishes. I'll give you almost anything. Don't ask for a million dollars or any other vast amount of money. I've done that for others and it has ruined their lives. Don't ask for Pamela Anderson. Have you seen the video? You simply wouldn't make her happy. Ask for two more reasonable things and they will be granted. They have to be reasonable because you have already received your one allowable outlandish wish. Think about it for a few minutes and let me know what you want."

So...what would you ask for?

Regards,

Ken (Wish #2: To have my children closer to me. Wish #3: An opponent with Saudi-Oil-Like-Money for all-they-can-play nine-ball until my truck won't hold anymore of their cash.)

Tom_In_Cincy
07-24-2003, 09:06 PM
Wish #2,

To own a Minor league baseball team

Wish #3

To be able to see, in person, a World Series between the Red Sox and the Cardinals. With the Red Sox winning in 7 games.

Brady_Behrman
07-24-2003, 10:14 PM
Off The Hip,

#1 Wish - Good Health to my family aswell as my friends
#2 Wish - All my good habits rub off to my children and my bad go with me. Hopefully they will learn from my bad.
#3 Wish - Have the opurtunity to shine in the industry I so much care for. POOL! The time will come, hopefully sooner then later. I need a Good Roll and Good Suport, then Watch Out World!

Great Post rackmup

Brady Behrman

Deeman
07-25-2003, 01:51 PM
2. A job in the South.

3. A nice economy for a change....

Kato
07-26-2003, 06:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>Wish #3

To be able to see, in person, a World Series between the Red Sox and the Cardinals. With the Red Sox winning in 7 games. <hr /></blockquote>

NICE TOM!!!!

Kato