PDA

View Full Version : UPA... SHOOTERS TOURNAMENT

cueball1950
07-24-2003, 10:14 PM
IS THAT EVENT STILL ON FOR THIS WEEKEND. Can anyone tell me

Keith McCready
07-25-2003, 06:55 AM
Are you referring to the Scorpion one in Norfolk this weekend? The fliers are still being circulated as if it is a go.

Earthquake

Ken
07-25-2003, 09:13 AM
Mike,
I don't know whether it is on or not. I can say that if it is a UPA sanctioned event they failed to notify the members in the schedule that came with the "revised" contract in early July which informed the members of upcoming events. Events from Jan 22 through Dec 7 are listed and no Scorpion.

I see nothing at their website even though that is what is listed as a contact for the event. It was my understanding that sanctioned events would benefit from extensive publication by the UPA and the notification to members about the event. This seems to be lacking as regards the Scorpion.

Nerertheless, this is not the only thing that seems to be lacking about the UPA. They seem not to be able to pay attention to details and they make many great sounding claims that are not followed up on.

It's a shame that this organization that so many thought had so much potential is turning out to be a huge disappointment.
KenCT