View Full Version : Cue care
What are some good accesories to have in order to care for your cue. What types of things should you do after you have been playing to make you cue last? Does anyone have any tips on how and what to use to clean your cue and keep your tip a good shape?
07-25-2003, 09:04 AM
There is probaly 1,000 answere's but what I do:
1. Wipe shaft down with a dry paper napkin after playing.
2. Clean chalk off tip with napkin.
3. I never use powder.
4. Once a week, clean shaft with "Power Rag"(Home Depot) and lighter fluid.Remove dings with a spot of water. Let it stay on the dent until it pulls it out.
5.Lightly go over shaft with 2,000 grit sandpaper (Wall Mart
6. Apply light coat of cue wax or Turtle Wax Formula 2001.
7. As for the tip, I use Moori so very little maintenance is needed. I made a shaper/scuffer with a 6" piece of pvc pipe sawed in half(nickle radius) with medium emory cloth glued to the inside. Very lightly scuff about once a month.
This works for me(5 year old shaft looks almost new)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.