PDA

View Full Version : I finally got into a league(german but it will do)

runout1961
07-25-2003, 06:31 AM
I have been at Ramstein AFB in Germany for about 5 months now. I haven't been able to get out much but thanks to the beamer I bought I found a pool hall in a town called Landstuhl(cue club). I went and talked to the owner about getting into the league. He wanted me to play one of his guys on the 1 team(consists of about 5 guys) to see if I would play on the 1 or 2 team(consists of about 15 guys). I was nervous. It was like a job interview. Anyway we played a set of 5 playing 9-ball. I won 5-4. Then we played 14.1 to 60. I won 60-39. So Arman(the owner) told me i was to start on the 1 team with him. We will be playing all over germany. I have to give credit to the german nationals on their exeptional pool game. Anyway I thought this was cool because I was never able to get into a league in the states because of my age. BC Landstuhl here I come.
A1C Ehle, John, J
Firefighter, USAF
P.S.- the beer is great!

Deeman
07-25-2003, 06:42 AM
John,

You will enjoy the league. I played with Francisco there and we really had a great time. The game is taken very seriously and you will be expected to show upfor practice, help keep the tables in good condition, etc. It will help to learn a few German phrases to compliment your teammates and opponents. You will also have a lot of meetings (in German) just smile if you don't speak German, they will clue you in later.

This will be one of the best experiences you will ever have. They are great people after you get to know them and that just takes a while in Germany. You'll have those friendships forever.

Good luck or Viel Gluck!

Dee