PDA

View Full Version : A week in Atlanta...

RedHell
07-25-2003, 09:03 AM
I'm flying in Atlanta on Sunday the 27th, arriving at 4pm. I'll be staying for a week (business), leaving on saturday the 2nd. I'm planning on visiting a few PH while there. So far, I have heard of Mr. Cues II and StarZone.

Does anyone have other suggestions ?

Is anyone interested to meet for a few drinks, a few games and introduce me to their pool room.

Scott Lee
07-25-2003, 12:05 PM
Players, in Marietta...Barley's, downtown on Peachtree...The Pool House, just outside the perimeter (285)
on Peachtree Indstrial...Twain's, in Decatur! Now you've got poolrooms to go to on ALL sides of Atlanta! Enjoy!

Scott Lee

RedHell
07-25-2003, 12:19 PM
Thanks Scott !

I did check out on playpool.com but it returned 53 PH within 25 miles from the Hotel I stay in. Keith did mentioned Starzone and Mr. Cues so I definetely plan to check these out. But I wonder wherelse I could go. I don't feel like spending 6 nights at the hotel doing nothing.

Barleys will be 11.4 miles away
The Pool House is only 3.6 miles
But Twain's isn't listed /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I guess these are all accessible by cab for a decent fare !

cuechick
07-26-2003, 10:35 AM
If you don't mind driving a bit, Murphy's Brass & Rail in Athens is just an hour north...they are having a big tourny this weekend, though it may be all but over by the time you arrive. You take the 85 North, to the 316, to Athens, just keep going straight.(about 40 mintutes)......pass the first turnoff you see for Athens, the 316 with then turn into Epps, something or other, you will pass Lowes and Home Depot, when you hit Timothy Road make a left, this strret will take you right there, you will go through Atlanta Hwy(Target on your left), and Murph's will be on the left next to the Hope Vets Hospital.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

heater451
07-26-2003, 11:12 AM
I don't know if you will catch this in time, but there's also the Pool Room, in Marietta, where Powers Ferry dead-ends into Roswell Road, near the "Big Chicken".

Players, which Scott mentioned, is at Powers Ferry and Windy Hill (close to the 75).

If you are downtown, you would be closest to Barley's, and maybe DuPrees.

What part of town will you be in?

====================

Drake
07-26-2003, 11:34 AM
Starzone is the place to go. ALL DIAMOND TABLES with good tournaments and plenty of action.

RedHell
07-26-2003, 06:09 PM
Hey Heather,

Thanks for the info. I'm staying at the Marriot Perimeter. I know nothing of Atlanta so I can't tell you what part of the city that is. I'm not gonna be driving, my transportation will be taxi and Hotel Shuttle. Unless someone wants to pick me up and show me around /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hoping to be able to keep picking up my messages while having my training. So if you would like to go out and show me around I would be very pleased. I like traveling around like this, but there's nothing more boring than spending a week in an hotel.

BTW, I'm no pro and don't gamble. I guess my skill level is like an SL4 or 5 on APA. Maybe someone can translate that skill as I am a C+ on the VNEA skill rating.

Again, I'm not sure where Marietta is but if I can make it by cab, I'll try to go and see it.

RedHell
07-26-2003, 06:14 PM
Thanks Cuechick,

I wouldn't mind drinving, but I won't have a car and I think a one hour drive would be to expensive by cab.

Anyway thanks for the info, if there's any other way to make it there like train or bus, I might do.... You never know.

cuechick
07-27-2003, 09:50 AM
Sorry, no bus or trains and cabs are WAY too expensive, it would be cheaper to rent a car for the day...