PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know spanish here?

bluewolf
07-26-2003, 12:28 PM
Someone sent me an email in Spanish and there are two words in the sentence that I do not know. If someone knows Spanish, please pm me.

Sorry to take up bandwidth.

Laura

bluewolf
07-26-2003, 01:19 PM
Actually it might be french. I think someone sent me an insulting email. Here it is.

'alea jac ta est'

Laura

Alfie
07-26-2003, 02:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> 'alea jacta est'<hr /></blockquote>Latin
"The die is cast"
(the choice has been made)
http://www.digonsite.com/drdig/greece/65.html

nAz
07-26-2003, 06:52 PM
post what they sent you BW.

how come no one sends me degrading pms or email anymore! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bluewolf
07-26-2003, 08:18 PM
Alfie got it, the die is cast, which is kind of weird to send someone an email of. But then, I think it is playing games to send someone an email in a language they know I dont speak. I do not do those kind of games.

Thanks anyway.

Laura

Hopster
07-27-2003, 01:16 AM
Here is a link to site that will translate stuff for you from almost any language to english or vice versa.

http://www.freetranslation.com/

mickey2
07-27-2003, 05:13 AM
If the whole email was only this message it was imo not insulting, although a little bit strange.
Itís said that Caesar said it when he crossed the Rubicon.

Makes me wonder if Asterix &amp; Obelix comics are popular in the U.S.A ?

Bonus vir semper tiro ;-)
Bluewolf somehow reminded me of this quote. Take this one as a compliment.

bluewolf
07-27-2003, 07:31 AM
Thanks. I did not know if that first one was a compliment or an insult. But when someone sends me an email with just foreign language that they know that I do not speak, then, they are playing head games.

In your case, you have told me that your quote is a compliment so I will not waste any time or head space trying to figure it out.I just say thanks for the compliment. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I also recognize semper as a word on bumper stickers of people in the marines and bonus as good.

Laura

kingarthur
07-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Da's kloten van de bok

Qtec
07-28-2003, 02:32 AM
Where did you find this ," ouwe rampestamper ".
Ga effe wieberen, lullo.

Q
de ballen van the bok - The balls of the goat .
Meaning "too bad or it sucks ".

Fred Agnir
07-28-2003, 06:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mickey2:</font><hr> Makes me wonder if Asterix &amp; Obelix comics are popular in the U.S.A ?
<hr /></blockquote>The Asterix and Obelix comic books are available, but I wouldn't call them popular here.

Fred

bluewolf
07-28-2003, 07:30 AM
Is this Dutch?

Here is one. It is cherokee. It is to a certain type of animal. "Wado Waya"

bw

Fred Agnir
07-28-2003, 08:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> Is this Dutch?

Here is one. It is cherokee. It is to a certain type of animal. "Wado Waya"

bw <hr /></blockquote>

"Thank you wolf"????

Fred &lt;~~~ must be whitewolf, bluewolf, blackwolf, Yapping Wolf, PiWolf, or Steppenwolf

Qtec
07-28-2003, 08:42 AM
Sort of . 'Dat is' ,is Dutch . 'Das ist' ,is German .

It is a Dutch expression but it should be ' De ballen van de bok'.

Q

bluewolf
07-28-2003, 10:15 AM
Fred wins the cherokee test.clap clap clap /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

kingarthur
07-30-2003, 09:07 PM
Hahahahahahahahahaha.... The last time I was in your nation I was too busy lopping the heads off of hippies, and taking their bud so I may have gotten some of the phrases mixed up in the excitement.

Arthur
King of Camelot