PDA

View Full Version : Go Lance!

nAz
07-26-2003, 08:31 PM
I'd like to see him cross the finish line thumbing his nose at the French /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ONe more for the record!

http://a104.g.akamai.net/7/104/1751/0001/www.lancearmstrong.com/pics/2003/tdf03/gw-st19-la2.jpg

Lance after Stage 19: "I don't think I have ever been this nervous before a bike race. As soon as I heard Jan had crashed I sat up and took it a lot easier. This has been a very hard Tour for me, and I am really glad that it is almost over... (for his teammates) - the beers are on me tonight." He went on to add, ""I'll be back next year, and I'm not coming back to be second, but hopefully to come back to the level I was in the first four Tours. Because this was not acceptable," he said

dg-in-centralpa
07-27-2003, 10:10 AM
My sentiments exactly.

DG - who wishes France would get invaded and come begging for our help

WesK
07-27-2003, 11:38 AM
Well...

I don't know if he should do that... not that I am fond of the French mind you. I just think that Lance has too much class.

This has been the best part of my down time is that I get to watch the tour every day. I usually follow it on my PC but watching it on OLN was great.

I do agree, congratulations to Lance Armstrong and all of the USPS pro cycling team. And, let's not forget the memorable performances of Tyler Hamilton and Jan Ullrich.

wes

Qtec
07-27-2003, 11:58 AM
Like the Liberians! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Q

dg-in-centralpa
07-27-2003, 06:41 PM
I agree that Jan was admirable when Lance fell. I have a lot of respect for him.

kingarthur
07-27-2003, 09:18 PM
Ahh, Tour de France is nothing. What value is there in a sport where a no nutted man canwin? What happened to the old games where real men swung swords and lopped off eachothers arms? Show me some blood, and I'll be a satisfied customer.

rackmup
07-28-2003, 03:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote kingarthur:</font><hr> What happened to the old games where real men swung swords and lopped off eachothers arms?<hr /></blockquote>

I agree. I put up Blackwolf. You get the first break...er...first "lopping".

Regards,

Ken (just funnin'. I wouldn't want to see the boy get hurt.)

WesK
07-28-2003, 11:36 AM
It's a great sport.

Lance waited for Jan two years ago when Jan ran off the road.

wes

rukiddingme
07-28-2003, 09:08 PM
What a great win for Lance. Five wins in a ROW is an unbelievable achievement
The Tours de France is an absolutely wonderful sporting event. I remember watching the Tours with my grandparents everyday on television when I visisted them in Belgium every summer...going back to the early 60's.
I have driven thru the mountains that these guys climb on bikes and their achievement is incredible.
As a side note I've really had it with this French bashing. France is a beautiful country and the French are really lovely, fun loving people with the exception of a few Parisians.
A country and a people have the right to self determination and if they disagree with U.S. policy on a given issue so be it. Belgium has always been pro U.S. but disagreed with the Bush war/invasion policy this go round as did many other countries. Just because one disagrees with POLICY does not mean that one is anti-American. I disagree with the US policy and that does not make me a traitor either.
Might does not always make right...to each their own and all that stuff. Vive les Etas-Unis , vive la France et vive ma petite Belgique.
ruk