PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Pop Culture Icons Oprah!!!

nAz
07-26-2003, 08:53 PM
"Oprah Winfrey is No. 1 on VH1's assessment of the "200 Greatest Pop Culture Icons", a 10-episode ranking of actors, musicians, politicians, academics, sports figures and fictional characters.

"Superman is in second place, followed by Elvis Presley. Eminem is No. 31, right after Bill Cosby at No. 30 and ahead of President John F. Kennedy at No. 32. The wrestler The Rock is at the bottom, with Queen Latifah at 199 and big-boned South Park cartoon character Cartman weighing in at 198"

How the HELL can oprah be before ELVIS??? Did she buy this "honor"? lol.
Elvis is was and still is a great influence on culture world wide, not to take anything a way from Oprah but Elvis has people dressing like him 25 years after his death lol (Morons), i dont see anyone dressing up like a whale for Oprah /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Anyway any list that puts eminem before John F. Kennedy has to be flawed.

Qtec
07-26-2003, 09:08 PM
What about Jerry Springer then ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I saw Elvis just the other day on the bus. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Ghandi , Mandela , Michael Jackson [ the first model] /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Hopster
07-27-2003, 01:14 AM
Elvis is was and still is a great influence on culture world wide <--Naz

I dont know about world wide but im sick to death of seeing people dressed like him here. I see at least 4-5 of them a week, just today at work there was a wedding and the groom is dressed like him and 4 of his buddys too with these stupid hats on.
When they filmed that movie Honeymoon in Vegas, the hotel they did all the filming in was Ballys where i worked for 13 years. I was there for most of the filming cause they almost always film on graveyard. Got to see Nick Cage a few times. Then they were having dress rehearsals, at least 3-4 hundred people dressed like Elvis walking around. it was funny.
Anyway, im coming out of the video store after getting some movies one night when they were filming and i saw all the flying Elvises parachuting down on to the strip. lol

dg-in-centralpa
07-27-2003, 10:07 AM
nAz - I agree with you about Elvis, although I was never a fan of his. Where did the Beatles come in at? They changed the face of music and influenced so many other bands and styles. Look at what they did to Brian Wilson. Supposedly when Brian heard Sgt. Pepper, it blew him away to the point that his album Pet Sounds couldn't compare. That helped to put him in a severe state of depression.

DG - who respects Elvis but is a bigger Beatles fan

nAz
07-27-2003, 10:26 AM
err ya Beatles over Elvis.

I'll try to get the list up soon, i need to track it down.

Qtec
07-27-2003, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, im coming out of the video store after getting some movies one night when they were filming and i saw all the flying Elvises parachuting down on to the strip. lol <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifLMAO.

Ther is probably some guy in therapy right now ....

Doctor: So it all started in Vegas?

Man: I'm telling you , I saw Elvis parchuting onto the roof of the Sands Hotel . He,s alive I tell ya!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

9 Ball Girl
07-27-2003, 11:14 AM
This is the list from 1-20. You'll have to scroll down to click on the links for the others:

VH1 200 Greatest Pop Culture Icons (http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/the_greatest/68038/episode_wildcard.jhtml?wildcard=/shows/dynamic/includes/wildcards/the_greatest/200_greatest_icons/ranked_list/1_20_aux.jhtml&amp;event_id=865242)

bolo
07-27-2003, 05:12 PM
Forget the contrived results of some VH1 survey, what are you doing watching it?

Wally_in_Cincy
07-28-2003, 11:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bolo:</font><hr> Forget the contrived results of some VH1 survey, what are you doing watching it? <hr /></blockquote>

nAz was watching because Beavis and Butthead wasn't on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nAz
07-28-2003, 11:44 AM
I miss Bevis and Butt head /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Actually i was flipping channels and came across the show, cought the last 20 mins of it.

did you know that kato didn't make the list??

Kato
07-28-2003, 11:59 AM
I've got about 40 episodes of Beavis and Butthead downloaded on my computer. Always good for some laughs.

Kato~~~yes I watch South Park, Stripperella, VIP, Beavis and Butthead, I Spy, Ren and Stimpy, and This Week In Baseball.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-28-2003, 12:49 PM
now my bitter hands chafe beneath the clouds Of what was everything? tattooed everything
============================================

<font color="blue">That's an excellent strip bar song BTW /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>

nAz
07-28-2003, 05:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> now my bitter hands chafe beneath the clouds Of what was everything? tattooed everything
============================================

<font color="blue">That's an excellent strip bar song BTW /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

You sir have good taste in music and social clubs /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif