PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Cue sticks

Trot Nixon
07-27-2003, 12:36 AM
Ok here's a good laugh for you, I'm on ebay right now and looking at getting 2 sticks and a case for under $100. Now keep in mind that I'm only using these cues for my basement enjoyment and not for competition. Now with that in mind I ask you guys if you ever heard of these generic cue sticks, Scorpion, JJ, Rage, Licos, Imperial or Action Kaiser? Thanks guys

Harold Acosta
07-27-2003, 08:13 AM
Where have you been my man? These are the most common low end cues in the market. Many people who are beginning players buy these cues for their price. You MIGHT even be lucky and find something appealing to the eye. Take a good luck at the descriptions since many are decal cues and most come with nylon wrap. Others come with no wrap at all. Two cues and a case for under $100 is just about right.

griffith_d
07-27-2003, 08:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Trot Nixon:</font><hr> Ok here's a good laugh for you, I'm on ebay right now and looking at getting 2 sticks and a case for under $100. Now keep in mind that I'm only using these cues for my basement enjoyment and not for competition. Now with that in mind I ask you guys if you ever heard of these generic cue sticks, Scorpion, JJ, Rage, Licos, Imperial or Action Kaiser? Thanks guys <hr /></blockquote>

Don't ever buy a cue where the shipping cost more than the cue,...

Griff

Trot Nixon
07-27-2003, 10:40 AM
Good point Griffy, do you know a good place I could buy them online? Up here in the northeast there are barely any pool table stores here so I have to look online for it.

griffith_d
07-27-2003, 11:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Trot Nixon:</font><hr> Good point Griffy, do you know a good place I could buy them online? Up here in the northeast there are barely any pool table stores here so I have to look online for it. <hr /></blockquote>

For good prices on cues, I have bought from Seybert's and Cuestore(http://cuestore.com/groups/actsta.html) for the cheapest cues.

Griff

Snyder1
07-28-2003, 07:47 PM
Under $100 cues ... Lucasi, 'nuff said.

pooltchr
07-29-2003, 05:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Snyder1:</font><hr> Under $100 cues ... Lucasi, 'nuff said. <hr /></blockquote>
MSRP for Lucasi starts at $149. Where are you finding them for $100????

Trot Nixon
07-29-2003, 02:34 PM
are players pool cues any good?

Karatemom
07-29-2003, 05:16 PM
Players cues were bought out by Lucasi. I've heard they're not the quality of a Lucasi, but might be in the future.

I shoot with a Lucasi, since my McDermott is getting refinished. Good hitting cue for the money.

JMHO,

Heide

ROFL
07-30-2003, 09:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Snyder1:</font><hr> Under $100 cues ... Lucasi, 'nuff said. <hr /></blockquote>
MSRP for Lucasi starts at $149. Where are you finding them for $100???? <hr /></blockquote>New Lucasi cues will sometimes sell for under $100 on eBay. I just bought a new Lucasi L-E1 ($219 MSRP) off of eBay for $92, shipping included.

cycopath
07-30-2003, 01:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ROFL:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Snyder1:</font><hr> Under $100 cues ... Lucasi, 'nuff said. <hr /></blockquote>
MSRP for Lucasi starts at $149. Where are you finding them for $100???? <hr /></blockquote>New Lucasi cues will sometimes sell for under $100 on eBay. I just bought a new Lucasi L-E1 ($219 MSRP) off of eBay for $92, shipping included. <hr /></blockquote>My dad has bought 2 LSS2 Jump/Break cues off eBay, both were under $100 and both were new.

8BallKick
07-30-2003, 02:19 PM
Hey Trot... shouldn't you be in Texas right now? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyway, I just wanted to say Hey. I live in Melrose right now... we should get together sometime and play a game. ta!

~Chuck

btw - I'm in the same boat as you. I'm looking for a new cue myself, and you're right... There's nothing around here. Looks like it'll be Ebay for me as well!

Snyder1
07-30-2003, 02:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Snyder1:</font><hr> Under $100 cues ... Lucasi, 'nuff said. <hr /></blockquote>
MSRP for Lucasi starts at $149. Where are you finding them for $100???? <hr /></blockquote>

Yes ... as others have said, eBay is indeed the way. I got a GW-20 for around $60 not too long ago ...

HT