PDA

View Full Version : Poolrooms in Columbus, Ohio ??

Chris in NC
07-27-2003, 09:47 AM
On our way to Ann Arbour, Mich for the Junior Nationals, we are planning to spend this coming Tuesday night July 29 in the Columbus, Ohio area. Does anyone on the chalkboard from that area (or has knowledge of poolrooms in that area) know of a nice poolroom or two my 14 year-old son Drayton and I could check out that evening? It would be awesome if we could find a Tuesday night tourney (preferably 9-ball) that out-of-towners would be allowed to enter - either handicapped or scratch.

Our return trip may have us stopping next Saturday night somewhere southeast of Columbus - between Columbus and Charleston, WV. Any knowledge and info of reputable poolrooms worth checking out in that area would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any info provided! - Chris in NC

Tom_In_Cincy
07-27-2003, 11:09 AM
The lengendary
Cornfed Red's Billiard Cafe in Columbus, Ohio 614-834-1000
Give them a call about a tuesday nite tournament.

Have fun.

thepoolnerd
07-27-2003, 11:10 AM
I live in Columbus and I am familiar with all of the rooms. Depends what you are looking for. The action rooms are in order: Players, Cornfed Reds and Sportsmens. Corey Deuel plays out of Sportsmens, it has the only 3 cushion table in town. Cornfeds has considerable action also. Players has a heavily trafficked snooker table and alot of good one pocket players. Bank Shots has the nicest tables, in my opinion, Cushions has the best "scenery". I started a Tuesday night 9 ball tournament with a break and run at Cushions and there is another at Sportsmens. During the summer we are only getting about 15 people. Cushions and Bankshots are nice rooms for younger folks. I used to play alot at the only room in Wilson NC. Have you ever been there? Let me know if you have other questions.

TheDragon
07-27-2003, 11:37 AM
According to Cornfed Red's website (which looked to me like a pretty nice place)they don't allow people under 18 after 10:00 P.M. Are they pretty strict about this?

TheDragon
07-27-2003, 11:48 AM
Sorry for all the questions, but about the tournaments...
What time do they start? Are they handicapped, and if so, how do they handicap out-of-town players? Which attracts more players? Which attracts better players? And which one is a nicer room?

You're a God for keeping my father and I informed. Thank you for all the help

-The Dragon

ElephantPoker
07-28-2003, 06:49 AM
The Cushions tournament starts at 8. From what I hear, it's the best paying tournament in town. There's usually some pretty good players in it.

Rich R.
07-28-2003, 07:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TheDragon:</font><hr> According to Cornfed Red's website (which looked to me like a pretty nice place)they don't allow people under 18 after 10:00 P.M. Are they pretty strict about this? <hr /></blockquote>
Many times, rules like this, only apply to those young people who are NOT accompanied by a parent. That will not be your situation. You may want to call to verify their policy.