PDA

View Full Version : Manny Pacquiao

cycopath
07-27-2003, 04:11 PM
I was watching the Vargas vs. Vanderpool fight on HBO last night, and the preliminary fight had Manny Pacquiao vs Lucero. Well, Pacquiao goes on to win and Lampley and Steward are talking about him after the fight. Lampley calls Pacquaio "the Filipino billiard playing sensation".

After doing a search online, all I've found is a report where Pacquiao missed an awards ceremony because he was "playing a game of billiards in Davao City involving huge bets".

I know there's a couple of guys that post here that are from the Phillipines, what can they say about him. Does he have game?

rackmup
07-27-2003, 04:25 PM
Check this:

Perhaps this is what the reference was about: (http://www.sunstar.com.ph/gensan/2002/10/30/sports/1st.manny.pacquiao.national.billiards.tourney.on.h tml)

Regards,

Ken

miko
07-27-2003, 07:44 PM
From what I heard before, this guy have a decent game. He also likes to gamble in pool. Plays money matches with strong players. Heard he lost quite a good amount of money against a rising female pool player in the Philippines a few months ago.

Cueless Joey
07-28-2003, 10:44 AM
Manny is a fine shooter.
He loves pool and helps promote it. In fact he sponsored a huge pool tourney down in his hometown, General Santos City.
The same town where Leonardo Andam came from.
Manny played Efren some rotation last year. He only needed 16 points but lost 40,000 pesos to Efren. That's about $800. Chump change for him.
Since he only trains a few miles from Hard Times when he's here. We might drag him down there to match up with Efren again. I don't think his trainer, Freddy Roach, would be too thrilled of Manny staying late though.