PDA

View Full Version : Practice with No Chalk!!

Drake
04-03-2002, 07:44 AM
I jumped in the car Saturday and rode 40 minutes to a nearby town. I was quickly noticed and began trying to work out a match. Everyone within 100 miles knows that I'm always ready for action when they see me, because if I wanted to just practice... I'd just stay home. This leads me to the topic of NO CHALK. In the midst of all the game debating, This guy who I usually give a big spot to says "I'll play you even IF we both play with No Chalk." We were in action within 10 minutes. This game really works on your skills of shooting center ball and making sure you get your angles. Give it a try. It's a little tricky.

Doctor_D
04-03-2002, 08:06 AM
Good morning:

I have heard people talking about practicing with NO chalk and that it is good for discipline and alignment. Sounds like something I will try next time out. News at 11:00PM !!!

Dr. D.

04-03-2002, 09:09 AM
Been doin' it for months but not lately. Last Saturday I hopped a balls off the table using chalk. I think it's time to go back to the no chalk practice again. What you'll find out is that your stroke will rapidly improve, especially on those pesky hard follow strokes. It really zones you into playing more center-near center ball. Hint: If you miscue don't give up to chalking, reset the shot and refine the mechanic that caused the miss...sid~~practices with XH tips a an added challenge

04-03-2002, 12:52 PM
I often start out my practice sessions with no chalk, shooting center ball at some pretty tough shots. It is great discipline for hitting center ball.

Cuemage
04-03-2002, 07:42 PM
I've never practiced with no chalk. But I used to play some of my customers in Blacksburg VA with a broom...I would chalk the end of the broom...BTW, I usually won.

This is a true story.

The Cuemage

rackmup
04-03-2002, 09:26 PM
"Try practicing with no chalk."

Hmmph! If you REALLY want to improve your game, try using chalk...

...with NO cue!

I am soooooo in the zone (and almost out of beer.)

Regards,

Ken (gettin' in his $.02 before beddy time)

Tom_In_Cincy
04-05-2002, 12:11 AM
When I was deciding to purchase my Joss, I asked to shot with it for a while.. the pro shop owner, said yes, just don't use any chalk.... I shot with it for about 15 minutes and never mis-cued.. and bought it.. love my Joss.