PDA

View Full Version : N.Y.C. to Open High School for Gays

nAz
07-28-2003, 11:37 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,93060,00.html

NEW YORK*?*The city is opening a full-fledged high school for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender students -- the first of its kind in the nation, The Post has learned.

How are you going to teach tolerance if you sperperate everybody?
And how do you know if these kids are really gay?

eg8r
07-28-2003, 11:55 AM
This is as much crap as affirmative action. If a group tried to get together and form a high school that was for heterosexuals they would be burned at the stake. What a joke this sexual preference crap has become. Looks like segregation all over again, and this time it is the segregated group that is asking for it.

eg8r

Qtec
07-28-2003, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And how do you know if these kids are really gay?

<hr /></blockquote>

If I was the Dean , the guys I would believe . The Lesbians , I would have to check out . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Its only fair .

kingarthur
07-28-2003, 02:59 PM
Suprised to see republicans supporting this "segregation":

"Everybody feels that it's a good idea because some of the kids who are gays and lesbians have been constantly harassed and beaten in other schools and this lets them get an education without having to worry," Mayor Michael Bloomberg told reporters at his daily briefing on Monday.

eg8r
07-28-2003, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Suprised to see republicans supporting this "segregation": <hr /></blockquote> Nope I am not surprised at all. Are you? This is not a dem/rep issue, but I thank you for trying to make it that.

I feel sorry for the kids getting beaten up, and surely I do not agree with the reasons for the beatings. I am also adamant that they do not need their own school as a solution. All we are doing is making these people more dependant on the government to take care of choices they choose to make. Next, we will see all the fat kids going to a school of their own. I believe the fat kids have been picked on much longer than the gay/lesbian kids.

What happens when these kids go back home and deal with the other kids in the playgrounds/parks? What happens when the gay basketball team goes across the street to play against the other schools? I feel like q asking these questions. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There is no place in school for fighting but I also do not believe in segregation. How are we supposed to teach all these kids that we are all equal when we are shipping gay/lesbian kids to their own schools? When these kids learn to deal with adversity?

This is absolutely the wrong thing to do and it does nothing good for any of these kids. They will now grow up with the mind set that the government is supposed to take care of them when life is dealing them a bad hand.

eg8r

nAz
07-28-2003, 05:20 PM
Hehe "Gay basketball team" not that would be a funny site /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SpiderMan
07-29-2003, 07:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Hehe "Gay basketball team" not that would be a funny site /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

How about "Gay Wrestling TEam"?

SpiderMan

Wally_in_Cincy
07-29-2003, 08:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>

....What happens when the gay basketball team goes across the street to play against the other schools?
eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I don't know but I think I found a uniform for them.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20021010/226bball10_mason.jpg

Now for a team name....

rackmup
07-29-2003, 09:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eg8r:</font><hr>What happens when the gay basketball team goes across the street to play against the other schools? <hr /></blockquote>

Fashion tips, coordinated uniforms, hair-care ideas and appropriate floral arrangements for the various sporting seasons.

Regards,

Ken

Ralph S.
07-30-2003, 07:46 AM
I would think the football team would be a joke. Would there be any players strong and masculine enough to actually tackle a 220lb muscular running back from the opposing team. The conditioning exercises would probably be equivalent to the girl-style push-ups.

Might even abondon tackle football altogether and play flag football.....

nAz
07-30-2003, 10:38 AM
LOL I hate to be the center on that football team... err unless i was gay then I'd probably wanna be the center. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Blackwolf
07-30-2003, 02:30 PM
The women's sports teams will probably be as dominating as the men's teams are anemic.

Sports participation will be popular with both genders though just for the locker room antics.

At least there won't be much of an unwed teenage pregnancy problem.

Keith Talent
07-30-2003, 02:33 PM
If the city teaches homosexuality as well as it does everything else, there's going to be a glut of sports bars in the West Village in 10 years.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-31-2003, 05:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Blackwolf:</font><hr> The women's sports teams will probably be as dominating as the men's teams are anemic......<hr /></blockquote>

The girls softball team, will win the city championship every year.

The mens teams still need a name. I suggest either the "Flames" or the "Queens of Queens"

Qtec
07-31-2003, 06:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They will now grow up with the mind set that the government is supposed to take care of them when life is dealing them a bad hand.
<hr /></blockquote>

Whats the Govt got to do with this ? Are you saying that if you are gay , life has dealt you a 'bad hand ' ?

Q

A basketball game with the gay boys against the fat kids .Thats a game I would like to see . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blackwolf
07-31-2003, 07:30 AM
This school could develop into an prime breeding ground for youngsters interested in going into the clothing industry, and a prime source of candidates for New York's Fashion Institute of Technology.

Providing an incubator for these teenage future fashion leaders to explore their fashion sense might provide a shot in the arm to the already thriving high fashion industry in New York and add to New York's dominance as one of the preeminent fashion capitals of the world. A stroke of genius!

eg8r
07-31-2003, 07:33 AM
Let me help you out Q, the school being opened (or expanded) is a public school. This means it is really a government indoctrination center, and it is funded by the taxpayers dollars. So there you go, that is what the government has to do with it.

Being gay had nothing to do with being dealt a bad hand, I personally feel that is a choice. The bad hand reference was for those that flee to that school to get away from the persecution from their classmates. This will only lead to more people leaning on the government to come and help them when times are tough (gay kids getting beaten in the school yard).

eg8r

eg8r
07-31-2003, 07:34 AM
They are not cattle.

eg8r &lt;~~~Does not agree that government schools "breed"

Blackwolf
07-31-2003, 07:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>This will only lead to more people leaning on the government to come and help them when times are tough (gay kids getting beaten in the school yard).<hr /></blockquote>Yea, bullied by guys like rackmup, an admitted violent schoolyard antagonist of the rainbow collition. BW

Qtec
07-31-2003, 08:56 AM
eg8r , you are not going to tell me that people are gay out of choice ? Tell me youre not .

[ QUOTE ]
Being gay had nothing to do with being dealt a bad hand, I personally feel that is a choice <hr /></blockquote>

Q

SpiderMan
07-31-2003, 09:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> eg8r , you are not going to tell me that people are gay out of choice ? Tell me youre not .

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Being gay had nothing to do with being dealt a bad hand, I personally feel that is a choice <hr /></blockquote>
Q <hr /></blockquote>

I personally feel that it is not 100% choice, it is also partly determined by genetics. And I see that as a good thing. With reduced stigma attached to homosexuality, there is less motivation to stay in the closet with a spouse and children, therefore the genetic portion of "gayness" may be less likely to be passed on.

That's an interesting thought .... by openly accepting gay relationships we cull the population for future generations.

SpiderMan

Qtec
07-31-2003, 09:56 AM
If homosexuality is predetermined by genetics [ to a certain extent ] ,the fact that gay men are not pressured into getting married and having children will/ should lead to fewer gay children being born .

The fact that homosexuality has been so long in 'the closet 'is the reason why there are so many gay people .

Just a thought .

Q

cheesemouse
07-31-2003, 10:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> If homosexuality is predetermined by genetics [ to a certain extent ] ,the fact that gay men are not pressured into getting married and having children will/ should lead to fewer gay children being born .

The fact that homosexuality has been so long in 'the closet 'is the reason why there are so many gay people .

Just a thought .

Q <hr /></blockquote>

...So..., by extention Jerry Faldwell and eg8r are pertetrating homosexuality in the human race...hmmmmm...veerryy interesting....Darwin would be proud of you son..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
07-31-2003, 10:47 AM
Yes sir. I do believe it is a choice, just like it is a choice to go to bed with that person.

To be brutally honest, I do not believe for one second that people are just born gay. Everyone makes a choice.

eg8r

eg8r
07-31-2003, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...So..., by extention Jerry Faldwell and eg8r are pertetrating homosexuality in the human race...hmmmmm...veerryy interesting....Darwin would be proud of you son..... <hr /></blockquote> What do you think Webster thinks of you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif or Jerry while we are bringing it up.

As far as Jerry, I think on my own. This has nothing to do with what he might have said or believes, I have made my own conclusion. He can be proud or not, who cares?

eg8r &lt;~~~Glad I am not cheese's son

cheesemouse
07-31-2003, 11:22 AM
eg8r,

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think Webster thinks of you <hr /></blockquote>

He doesn't think I'm captious, carping, censorious, faultfinding, niggling, nitpicking or picky as I find you..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif........I type fast....

As far as your being my son it would be a physical impossibility as I can't have children...a little thing called 'Nam'.....

Qtec
07-31-2003, 07:09 PM
Did you choose to be hetro , or did it happen just naturally ?

We are, what we are .

You can abstain from sex , but you go for women , or you go for men .

Nobody chooses to be gay . I think it takes a lot of courage to admit that you are gay .You know the narrow minded responses that you can expect .

Q

eg8r
08-02-2003, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody chooses to be gay . <hr /></blockquote> I guess we agree to disagree.

eg8r

eg8r
08-02-2003, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't think I'm captious, carping, censorious, faultfinding, niggling, nitpicking or picky as I find you..... <hr /></blockquote> Thank you. A bit hypocritical but don't worry I have considered the source. I hope the smiley faces therapy is working. Let me help /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
As far as your being my son it would be a physical impossibility as I can't have children <hr /></blockquote> Great, then you will for now on not refer to me as son.

eg8r