PDA

View Full Version : Pro 9 Ball in Las Vegas

Rip
04-03-2002, 08:45 AM
Does anyone know for sure which tables will be used for the Pro 9 Ball tournament next month in Vegas at the Riviera? Thanks, Rip

Cueless Joey
04-03-2002, 11:15 AM
They used big pockets Connely last year. I take it, you hated them Rip?

Vicki
04-03-2002, 11:29 AM
I went to the BCA tounament in Vegas a couple of years ago. There is a penthouse where they have the pro event but the semis and finals are played in the conference center area. Have fun in Vegas!

If you are daring... you should ride the Space Needle at the top of the Stratosphere hotel... Nothing else like it in the world - can't compare that to anything. Inespensive and something you will NEVER forget.

Cueless Joey
04-03-2002, 01:43 PM
Rip won't take that ride if you paid him. He'd rather play Toby straight-up one hole game before he gets launched up in the sky.

Rip
04-03-2002, 07:08 PM
Thanks, I have fun in Vegas every day...I live in Vegas! Each year I buy a week's worth of VIP tix and enjoy the action at the Cue Club and the Riv. Regards, Rip

Rip
04-03-2002, 07:11 PM
LOL Joey...you're right. Neither would be my favorite "ride". Both would leave me a bit queazy in the stomach and lighter in the wallet. Rip~~duckin' Toby...keeping him fresh for Joey!

Rip
04-03-2002, 07:21 PM
Last year I saw a guy pull up in a Buick and he parked it in the side pocket of table #6! I spoke with the local Connelly dealer today and he said they're not supplying the tables this year. Even though everyone is playing on the same tables, I do prefer a more challenging table...except when I'm playin' LOL! Will Joey be dropping in this year? Toby and friends could arrange a game if you'd like. Rip

rackmup
04-03-2002, 09:37 PM
It's called "The Big Shot" and I speak from experience...don't ride it with a:

Stomach full of beer.

A stomach full of the buffet from the Rio.

A full bladder (see beer above.)

Expensive sunglasses.

Even more expensive prescription glasses.

Your cue.

Regards,

Ken (a former Vegas resident)

http://www.stratospherehotel.com/images/splash.big.main_image.jpg
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>For those craving the ultimate rush, the Big Shot launches passengers 160 feet in the air in a mere 2.5 seconds to experience 4 G's of force, and then drops them back down to the launching pad at 0 G's.<hr></blockquote>

Cueless Joey
04-03-2002, 10:08 PM
I'll be there Rip. Efren being in the BCA Hall of Fame ballot, will be there too. Toby robbed Efren's backer to the tune of 20K plus the last time they hooked up. Efren givin' Toby 3 balls in his own pool table wun't a good idea. I'll play you some one hole if you shot with a house cue with no tip. Toby will have to use a crooked broom.
My hole to the Southwest factory is almost done. I'm gonna take them all SW's since it takes a lifetime to get one now.