PDA

View Full Version : Terminator, Sharpshooter or Devastator shafts?

mickey2
07-29-2003, 10:09 AM
Has anyone some experience with the alternatives to predator shafts, e.g. Terminator, Sharpshooter or Devastator shafts?

cycopath
07-29-2003, 10:27 AM
I have a Terminator T3 break shaft on my Lucasi J/B cue. I really like it. It breaks really well, with minimal effort.

daviddjmp
07-29-2003, 12:46 PM
I bought a 314 shaft for my Pechauer cue and did not experience much difference. After going to the Schon cue (which has a very solid hit with the standard shaft) I decided to try the sharpshooter. The finish on it is outstanding and it did not alter the hit of the Schon, still solid, but with more control and less effort. The Sharpshooter/Schon combination is something I will be with for awhile-

Deniel
07-29-2003, 10:10 PM
I just bought a sharpshooter shaft, I haven't played with it yet cause I'm still having the butt made, but like the other guy said, the finish is outstanding. I'll let you know how I like it once I play with it

Deniel

mickey2
07-30-2003, 08:28 AM
Could you please describe the taper of the shaft, is it a pro taper?
How does it feel different compared to the predator?

daviddjmp
07-30-2003, 10:36 AM
Mickey-

It is a 21-piece flat laminated shaft (the Predator is 10 pie wedges) and has the smoothest finish of any shaft I have ever felt. It is a pro taper, 12.75 mm standard. I just had Bob Moss make it for a standard Schon, but if you send him the butt, he will do the custom fitting for free. His email is:

bmoss13@hotmail.com

Hope this helps-

TheChump
07-30-2003, 08:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mickey2:</font><hr> Has anyone some experience with the alternatives to predator shafts, e.g. Terminator, Sharpshooter or Devastator shafts? <hr /></blockquote>

I think you should wait for the new Predator Z Shaft, it's way much better than the old Predator, and it's coming soon...in September 2003.

Here's the link: Predator Z (http://www.predatorcues.com/pure_z/)

http://www.predatorcues.com/pure_z/images/splashflat.jpg

mickey2
08-01-2003, 07:04 AM
Have you played yet with your new sharpshooter shaft?

Actually the good reviews on www.easypooltutor.com (http://www.easypooltutor.com) made me feel a little bit uneasy about the shaft. Simply because I do not think that one shaft fits all. This made me wonder if some of the reviews have been faked.

The information about the new http://www.predatorcues.com/pure_z/evolution.htm seems interesting, but in the feature diagram it is written that it has a 11.75mm tip???? An is available only with a Uni-Lock joint?
I am also not 100% sure what a Euro Shaft means. If you take a look at some billiard queues you will see that they got a different taper, getting more constantly narrow compared to a pro taper, which imo reduces also deflection.

Since daviddjmp said that he liked the standard Schon cue shaft I guess he might have similar shaft preferences.

miko
08-01-2003, 09:42 AM
I feel the same way about the reviews in EPT. Not sure if all of the reviews are true. I have tried hitting with a sharpshooter shaft from a friend of mine and the hit it seems is better than a pred, at least imo. Although I was not able to test its deflection characteristics extensively. Based on my experience, it seems to be a quality shaft. But its not something that will blow u away. All these of course is just my opinion. I still played better with the T3 shaft though

Cueless Joey
08-01-2003, 09:44 AM
Who in the world is going to play with this new Z shaft by Predator?
It's a glorified long billiard shaft for pool.
Heck, Shuller had this kind of shafts for years now.

DEADSTOKE32
08-01-2003, 10:20 AM
So what is the driffrent in the two shafts it one biggerin m m then the other ? And can i run 4 racks insted of 3? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deniel
08-01-2003, 07:15 PM
Have you played yet with your new sharpshooter shaft? &lt;- Mickey2

Well no, not yet, the butt isn't due for at least another week. Well I don't know if the reviews on EPT are fake or not, but Bob Moss did ask me to write a review there once I play with the shaft (in return, he gave me a nice chalker ^__^) And I assume he asks this to all his customer.

Deniel &lt;- Anxious

mickey2
08-03-2003, 02:17 PM
Seems like more and more laminated shafts are made. Ever heard of X-Shafts?
http://www.pool-billiards.com/xshaft.htm

Deniel
08-03-2003, 08:53 PM
And then there's ER240, I haven't seen it in person, but this shaft is supposed to be 240 radially spliced shaft (Yup 240, not a typo /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif)It's made by Filipino top (if not best) cue maker Edwin Reyes, for those who don't know who he is, check out AZBilliard forum he posted some of his work there, gorgeous stuff, absolutely beautiful cues.

Deniel

americancowboy
07-18-2004, 12:42 PM
<font color="red"> </font color> Hi; I am Bob Moss, Of American Cowboy Billiards. AKA Cowboy Bob. I am proud to say that the product reviews of our SharpShooter Shafts you mentioned seeing on EPT are Real. There are also others across the web on other sites such as themonk.com The reviews are done by actual customers. Many I can supply contact info for. Most reviews are done by serious advanced players that range from league shooter to tournament and semi pro. I agree that 1 shaft can't fit all players. That is why we custom make each SharpShooter shaft and design it to that players specific need and playing characteristics. Our SharpShooter shafts also come with a choice of many high quality layered tips at no additional charge. Since each is custom made we also offer other options like matching ringwork and do a wide variety of joint and pin styles. Although some will tell you that it is just a matter of learning to play with your current shaft or trying a different tip. This is dead wrong!! Just try playing with 6 different cues from different cuemakers and you can prove it to yourself. There is a huge difference in shafts, their lasting quality, their feedback, their accuracy and consistancy. Our SharpShooter shafts are designed to deliver a repeatable consistant, incredibly accurate hit with increased feedback and more spin using less effort. This gives you more controll and allows you finess you game. We developed our SharpShooter Shafts using the finest materials available then after extensive comparisons and testing refined them what we believe is the finest, most incredible playing shaft made. If you have read the reviews you mentioned you will see our customers agree. We have customers from across the globe, Singapore, The Phillipines, Indonesia, Germany, the UK, Spain, The Nederlands the USA and more. Feel free to meail me if you would ever like additional information. bmoss13@hotmail.com You can also visit or store http://stores.ebay.com/American-Cowboy-Billiards_W0QQsspagenameZL2QQtZkm Thanks and good luck in your shaft search. Bob Moss<font color="red"> </font color>

poolplayer1988
07-18-2004, 04:33 PM
I have personally played with the Terminator T3 shaft, and I like it. Wish I had me another one. I didn't like the Predator shaft at all, but the Terminator seemed different, played different, felt different. Only drawback I had was that it took a little while to get, and I ordered one with the silver ring, made that very clear, but still ended up receiving one without the silver ring on the joint. Irritating to say the least. However, playability was top-notch.

Doug Talbot
"the White Elephant"