PDA

View Full Version : Computer question:

rackmup
07-29-2003, 01:41 PM
I used to be able to point my mouse at a picture, illustration, etc., right click and receive a drop-down menu that allowed me to "copy" the "properties" of the image.

When I do it now, "properties" isn't one of the options available to me.

What happened!

Regards,

Ken

nAz
07-29-2003, 01:47 PM
what browser are you using?

heater451
07-29-2003, 03:43 PM
. . .is it missing for every graphic/page/site?--sometimes, a javascript event handler or other intercepting code will stop you from accessing the right-click dialog.

Also, you won't get "Properties" with a Flash .SWF graphic/animation. If you want to download these, you can search in the code for the actual file path.

You may also be able to look into your cache folder for the file. For IE, you would go to Tools-->Internet Options; On the "General" Tab, Temporary Internet Files area, click the "Settings" button; then, click the "View Files. . ." button.

If you are only looking for the file path, and you can't get the right-click "Properties" option to show up, then you may have to search the code (View-->Source, or right-click, "View Source").

Did you perform any upgrade to your browser recently?

=======================

kingarthur
07-29-2003, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to be able to point my mouse at a picture, illustration, etc., right click and receive a drop-down menu that allowed me to "copy" the "properties" of the image.

When I do it now, "properties" isn't one of the options available to me.

What happened!

Regards, <hr /></blockquote>

This same thing happened to me. You just have to be man and stand up to the dissent that your robot machine is obviously displaying. When this same thing happened to myself, I pulled out my broadsword and said "Arrrrghh... give me thy properties or I'll shall give you destruction." I've never had any problems with losing "properties"(or anything else for that matter) since I stood up to my machine like a real warrior.

Arthur
King of Camelot