PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my first good cue!!

FisherFan
07-30-2003, 02:05 PM
I just ordered the white Cuetec Allison Fisher cue from ozonebilliards.com and I can't wait 'till it gets here. Not sure any of you care /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif but I thought I'd post it. I'll post again when it comes and tell you what I think of the cue. (http://www.ozonebilliards.com/cuetcue99alf.html)

nAz
07-30-2003, 02:14 PM
Cool, i hope you shoot well with it. will you be using a glove with it? oh BTW if you have a hard tip on, it will make a great Break cue too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deeman
07-30-2003, 02:19 PM
Good Luck,

I don't use them but if Earl & Allison can run packages, it can't be too bad.

Deeman

FisherFan
07-30-2003, 02:28 PM
I'm going to use this glove (http://www.poolndarts.com/product.cfm/sku/BG30.cfm) in red and Le Pro tips. Also about 40% of the reason I bought that cue is because I'm a fan of Allison(look at my ID /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

Wally_in_Cincy
07-30-2003, 02:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote FisherFan:</font><hr> I'm going to use this glove (http://www.poolndarts.com/product.cfm/sku/BG30.cfm) in red and Le Pro tips. Also about 40% of the reason I bought that cue is because I'm a fan of Allison(look at my ID /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif). <hr /></blockquote>

I can see why anyone would be a fan of Allison Fisher. She's a great player and a genuinely nice person. Have you ever met her?

Enjoy the cue. Looks nice. Just don't twist your neck watching for the ups truck to arrive. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

RedHell
07-30-2003, 02:52 PM
Tho both use the Cuetec cue, but I'm pretty sure that Earl uses a custom shaft. In the WPC 2002 his shaft was definetely Maple without fiberglass on it. You could see where the finnish ended and were the wood was picking up chalk and dirt. The cuetec shaft remains immaculate.

Allison seems to play with the fiber shaft.

nAz
07-30-2003, 02:55 PM
yes she does shoot with the fiber shaft, i shot with it once /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FisherFan
07-30-2003, 04:06 PM
I just got one of the greatest e-mails of my life, the cue shipped!!!!!!! Unfortunatly no I haven't met her. Something tells me that I won't get any sleep until that beautiful brown truck comes /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

PQQLK9
07-30-2003, 04:38 PM
I share your excitement as I also just ordered another cue for my collection from Hawley's Billiards in Dallas,TX (Schon LTD 804 with an extra shaft) /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I expect to enjoy mine.

Rod
07-30-2003, 04:42 PM
Well good for you, hope you enjoy the cue. Don't forget to put in batteries and press the automatic shot and position button. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I swear there must be one on hers somewhere.

Rod

Fred Agnir
07-30-2003, 05:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> Tho both use the Cuetec cue, but I'm pretty sure that Earl uses a custom shaft. In the WPC 2002 his shaft was definetely Maple without fiberglass on it. You could see where the finnish ended and were the wood was picking up chalk and dirt. The cuetec shaft remains immaculate.

Allison seems to play with the fiber shaft. <hr /></blockquote>I believe Earl says that he uses a Cuetec shaft. I think he's done something crazy like had the fiberglass removed (turned on a lathe). Hopefully, he didn't sit there and sand it off. Could be a little dangerous.

Fred

Hopster
07-31-2003, 03:12 AM
I share your excitement as I also just ordered another cue for my collection from Hawley's Billiards in Dallas,TX (Schon LTD 804 with an extra shaft)
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I expect to enjoy mine. &lt;--Pqqlk

They are the only people i will order anything from online. If you have any trouble with anything, just ask for Sharon Hawley, shes the best.

Rich R.
07-31-2003, 04:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Well good for you, hope you enjoy the cue. Don't forget to put in batteries and press the automatic shot and position button. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I swear there must be one on hers somewhere.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>
Are you right handed or left handed?
I hope you ordered the appropriate model. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

griffith_d
07-31-2003, 05:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Well good for you, hope you enjoy the cue. Don't forget to put in batteries and press the automatic shot and position button. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I swear there must be one on hers somewhere.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>
Are you right handed or left handed?
I hope you ordered the appropriate model. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I know, those left handed pool cues have the emblem of the cue maker on the other side.

Griff

pooltchr
07-31-2003, 06:21 AM
Congrats on the new cue. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Hopefully you will get to meet Allison one day. She is very friendly and accomidating to fans. (as are most of the WPBA players) I have photo's of her posing with my wife, and also a cue signed by her and several other WPBA players we won at a raffle at one of the WPBA stops.

pooltchr
07-31-2003, 06:22 AM
Nick,
Are you going to put that new cue to work on the Carolina tour??????????????
Steve

FisherFan
07-31-2003, 08:57 AM
The cue is supposed to be here tomorrow according to the UPS tracking... thingy /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

RedHell
07-31-2003, 10:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> Tho both use the Cuetec cue, but I'm pretty sure that Earl uses a custom shaft. In the WPC 2002 his shaft was definetely Maple without fiberglass on it. You could see where the finnish ended and were the wood was picking up chalk and dirt. The cuetec shaft remains immaculate.

Allison seems to play with the fiber shaft. <hr /></blockquote>I believe Earl says that he uses a Cuetec shaft. I think he's done something crazy like had the fiberglass removed (turned on a lathe). Hopefully, he didn't sit there and sand it off. Could be a little dangerous.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

It could probably be a cutec shaft, but if he had removed the fiberglass somehow it qualifies as a custom or should I say customized shaft. It ain't fiber for sure !

Magog
07-31-2003, 11:06 AM
It sounds like Earl is using the Cuetec Thunderbolt shaft. It's a maple cue with a graphite rod through the middle. It has a 20" PRO TAPER.

RedHell
07-31-2003, 12:06 PM
Isn't the tunderbolt covered with fiber ? If it is, then Earl isn't using a shelf version. His shaft pickup dirt and has a different finnish !

FisherFan
07-31-2003, 12:44 PM
I looked it up and the Thunderbolt shaft isn't coated in anything, it's a bare maple shaft with a rod inside for extra strength.

Sid_Vicious
07-31-2003, 12:55 PM
Hey FisherFan, it's fun waiting for Santa in the little brown truck isn't it! Give us a shout here when it comes, BUT if you do run out to the PH and forget...we'll understand....sid

FisherFan
07-31-2003, 01:32 PM
Be expecting a new post from me at about 5 tomorrow afternoon, that's what time "Santa" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif usually comes around here.
http://www.allisonfisher.com/store/Cues/whitecue_forearm.jpg
http://www.allisonfisher.com/store/Cues/whitecue_butwrap.jpg

Kato
07-31-2003, 02:17 PM
Look how shiny!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you like it and it works for you than shoot with it in all of your happiness and glory. Enjoy your new toy.

Kato~~~likes new shiny things.

PQQLK9
08-01-2003, 09:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I share your excitement as I also just ordered another cue for my collection from Hawley's Billiards in Dallas,TX (Schon LTD 804 with an extra shaft) /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I expect to enjoy mine. <hr /></blockquote>

Mine just arrived....happy...happy ...joy...joy...joy... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

FisherFan
08-01-2003, 09:48 AM
Mine should be here anytime, be watching for a reply in a few hours at the most. It was out for delivery at 3:20 this morning at our local UPS...place /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif which is about 40 minutes away /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

RedHell
08-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Well that's probably what Earl is using then !

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So did ya get the cue yet ?

pooltchr
08-01-2003, 11:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr>
So did ya get the cue yet ? <hr /></blockquote>

Probably already at the local PH putting it to the test

FisherFan
08-01-2003, 12:12 PM
Nope not yet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif But it should be here in the next three hours, I've been trying to do some things to take my mind off it. I just finished mowing the yard. I ordered The Huslter and The Color of Money 2 weeks ago and they came in yesterday. I've been watching them but that didn't really help me take my mind off that brown truck /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. I'll tell ya when it comes in. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Big Picture!! (http://www.poolndarts.com/cu.cfm?SKU=99268&amp;imgs=81)

PQQLK9
08-01-2003, 12:30 PM
I hope you learn to shoot with it as well as Allison does with hers. Last year I bought a new Lucasi and walked into Mothers Billiards here in Charlotte where Allison was practicing and she graciously hit a few balls to christian my new cue. She shot about 12 long shots and never missed once. I cherish that cue because of Allison taking the first shot with it.

FisherFan
08-01-2003, 12:52 PM
I'VE GOT IT!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif IT CAME LIKE, FIVE MINUTES AGO, THIS THING IS COOL!!!! IT CAME WITH A FREE SOFT CASE AND JOINT PROTECTER FOR THE BUTT. I'LL TELL YOU MORE AFTER I GIVE IT A "TEST RUN". /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
08-01-2003, 12:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I hope you learn to shoot with it as well as Allison does with hers. Last year I bought a new Lucasi and walked into Mothers Billiards here in Charlotte where Allison was practicing and she graciously hit a few balls to christian my new cue. She shot about 12 long shots and never missed once. I cherish that cue because of Allison taking the first shot with it. <hr /></blockquote>
Pls tell me you didn't take that cue to the neares DNA Lab and extracted Allison's DNA so you can clone her. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooljunkie73
08-01-2003, 12:54 PM
WoooooHooooo! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope you enjoy it.

Kent.

Ralph S.
08-01-2003, 05:12 PM
Good for you, there is nothing like the excitement of getting a new cue.