PDA

View Full Version : UPA/LA Open cancelled?

Cueless Joey
07-30-2003, 02:12 PM
Maybe the Korean Dragon can answer this.
Is the LA Open going to happen or not?
We know the expo was cancelled but are unclear if the pool tourney would go through or not.
Thanks.

AndyG
07-30-2003, 03:17 PM
Joey, It has been shown as cancelled for about 3 weeks on the AZBilliards site.
AndyG

Cueless Joey
07-30-2003, 03:22 PM
Thanks Andy.

AndyG
07-30-2003, 04:40 PM
Hi Joey, I'd been particularly interested in that event because it was in conflict with one I'm doing on those same dates. Mine's not nearly as large, but the money added ($7200) is enough that I hope to attract some mid-level pros. So anyway, I'd been watching that one with interest.
For details on my event, go to www.starcadebilliards.com (http://www.starcadebilliards.com)
AndyG

Rod
07-30-2003, 04:50 PM
Andy,

Where is Ft. Walton Beach?

~~~ rod, needs a geography refresher

cycopath
07-30-2003, 05:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Andy,

Where is Ft. Walton Beach?

~~~ rod, needs a geography refresher <hr /></blockquote> MapQuest Ft. Walton (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&amp;addtohistory=&amp;address=&amp;city=For t+Walton&amp;state=Fl&amp;zipcode=&amp;homesubmit=Get+Map)

AndyG
07-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Rod, Ft Walton Beach is in the northwest corner of the panhandle, about halfway between Pensacola and Panama City.

The 'world's luckiest little fishin' village' (Destin, FL) is 7 miles east of us.

Come on down!
AndyG

Ken
08-02-2003, 03:05 PM
Andy,
The LA Expo website states that: DUE TO A SCHEDULING CONFLICT WITH ANOTHER EVENT IN THE LOS ANGELES AREA THAT HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED, THIS YEARS LOS ANGELES OPEN 9-BALL CHAMPIONSHIP AND BILLIARD EXPO, HAS BEEN CANCELED.

If anyone happens to know what that other event might be I would be interested to know. I have been informed that there was indeed a "conflict" but not with "another event" unless perhaps some "phantom" event.

Something doesn't smell right. Does anyone know about any event in the Los Angeles area that might cause the cancellation of a $40,000 added nine ball tournament? They should start advertising it more since I can't find anything about it.
KenCT