PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Tournament(s)

04-03-2002, 10:35 AM
Hello all .. for those of you located in or near Dallas, Tx. .. CJ's Billiard Palace/CJ Wiley & Roger Griffis announce the beginning of a monthly series of 9 ball tournaments .. beginning May 4-5 .. $2,000 added open event .. race to 9 double elimination .. Texas Express Rules .. $50 entry fee which includes a $10 green fee ..
9' Gold Crowns .. Player Auction on Sat. am .. right after entry cut-off at 11am .. this event will repeat first weekend of each month thereafter .. tournament director will be John McChesney/Texas Express. Additional information: contact: Roger Griffis after 7pm at CJ's at 214 321 9947

Tom_In_Cincy
04-03-2002, 10:38 AM
You Dallas/Ft. Worth and surrounding area players have all the fun.. good luck.. and let us know who shows up and places in the tournaments.. thanks

SpiderMan
04-03-2002, 06:15 PM
I'll be in 'Vegas during this one, maybe Sid will give us the lowdown on it.

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> You Dallas/Ft. Worth and surrounding area players have all the fun.. good luck.. and let us know who shows up and places in the tournaments.. thanks <hr></blockquote>

rackmup
04-03-2002, 09:48 PM
To those in the DFW area...John McChesney is a "class act", CJ's is a great room (IMHO) and Roger G.? Well, he was well respected by some in Arizona and hated by others (those whose wallet Roger helped to "lighten") when he lived there.

I met John a few weeks ago at Hawley's and not only is he a helluva player, he is a gentleman and very excited about the chance to promote these tourneys.

If I can "donate" my $50.00 to get this off the ground, I hope you can too.

Regards,

Ken ("donates" so much money to pool tournament prize funds, he is second only to the "United Way" in dollars raised for causes other than his own)

04-03-2002, 10:37 PM
Thanks for kind words Ken .. we're glad to have ya' in Dallas..you will enjoy the pool scene here with 60+ rooms to wander and find...and happy new marriage and bride !!!
By the way .. you arrived and we lost a good player and gent to Phoenix who moved the week you arrived .. Pete Horton and gal Alex are roamin' round Phoenix now ..

rackmup
04-04-2002, 06:51 AM
John,

I met both of them (I think) at an Open 9-ball tourney at Kolby's. Him: Tall, carrying a Jack Justis case. Her: Cute, playing with a McDermott "D" series cue. Both of them can play. I saw them again on my last day in Phoenix, tooling down the road in their truck, still bearing Texas plates.

Sound like them?

Regards,

Ken

04-04-2002, 12:44 PM
Yep .. that's the couple alright ..
By the way .. new information: the tournament is billed:
The Dallas Open presented by Phoenix Cues and hosted by: CJ Wiley and Roger Griffis. Cue repair and sales will be by Ron Geyer/The Cue Connection .. and cuesales by Joe Salazar .. be there !!!