PDA

View Full Version : Grady's new cue

Kato
07-31-2003, 09:03 AM
Grady, does this mean that you're done with Predator? 25K is an awfully expensive cue. Sure would like to see pics of that one.

Kato

Qtec
07-31-2003, 09:13 AM
Whats happened to that post ?

I think I might have upset him .

Q

Grady
07-31-2003, 09:15 AM
I've been done with Predator for about a year. Have been trying three or four different cues during the last year.
Leonard and I go back a long way. We understand each other and his making a really great cue for me just seemed natural.
My wife will take plenty of pictures of the cue for anybody who would like to take a look at it. I've been practicing for the last three weeks with one of Leonard's cues and I feel like I'm back to playing as well as I ever have.
As soon as we decide when and where we unveil this fabulous new cue, I'll be sure to let you know. Stay in touch with me through email or my website for this information.

UWPoolGod
07-31-2003, 09:27 AM
This is what Blud wrote on the AZ website about the cue...

"I am very honored to have been chosen by Grady to build this cue out of the many fine cuemakers of today. I have had many request to tell what the $25,000.00 cue will look like. So here goes, Ebony front, with ivory inlays, white gold trim in and out of the inlays, with real nice white, clear, high end diamonds, butt will be all ivory, with lots and lots of scrimshawing, and a few new design suprises, in the whole cue. 4 shafts with ivory ferrules and a semi-matching break cue with 2 shafts. Dates and ect, when Grady won several world championships, along with other accomplishments, through out his career.
blud"

Kato
07-31-2003, 10:05 AM
Awesome for you Grady. Was Predator a failed experiment for you like it was for me? Funny how that cue/shaft works for some people and not for others.

I just sold my Predator to a friend who absolutely loves it.

Kato

bolo
07-31-2003, 11:22 AM
Will you be putting on one of those bumper things (Limbsaver) you are endorsing? What is the deal with that thing? You lend your name to it.

UWPoolGod
07-31-2003, 11:32 AM
Yeah in his original post he said that it will be put on. the X-1 stabalizer.

Grady
07-31-2003, 12:02 PM
I have nothing against Predator.We just came to a mutual parting of the ways.Leonard and I have shared a lot of the actual history of our sport together and we understand each other.
This looks like a real win-win for us.

Grady
07-31-2003, 12:04 PM
The post was removed because I mentioned a product, I guess, when I shouldn't have. No big deal.I'm not upset at anybody or anything.

bolo
07-31-2003, 12:36 PM
I never saw it, he must have deleted it.

Kato
07-31-2003, 01:08 PM
That's cool Grady. It's tough to tell sometimes who is sponsoring who and who is playing with what.

Kato

Qtec
07-31-2003, 06:41 PM
Ok , my friend . I understand .

Maybe I am begining to get a little paranoid ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You need to know my history . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

griffith_d
08-01-2003, 12:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>
I just sold my Predator to a friend who absolutely loves it.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

I just sold my Pred BK a couple of months ago,..good break cue but did not need it. Now I use the Meucci/314 for breaking, it does not break quite as well, but my new style of breaking is better and made up for it. Actually, my new Pechauer breaks better than the Meucci/314, but I do not want to mess up my new cue's tip, so I rarely break with it.

I do not use the 314 anymore after playing with it for about a year. Great shaft, precisely made, but it put too much on the ball for my taste and seemed out of control on certain shots. It is best for draw,...I might still switch and use it when it calls for a full table length draw and I want to make it easy on myself.

Griff

Alfie
08-01-2003, 03:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr> Great shaft, precisely made, but it put too much on the ball for my taste and seemed out of control on certain shots. <hr /></blockquote>The shaft was the cause?

The problem was solved with a shaft change?

Kato
08-01-2003, 04:12 PM
Interestingly enough that's exactly the opposite reason why I stopped using Predator. Personally I thought they were dead even after trying several different cues and tip combinations.

Kato

Cueless Joey
08-01-2003, 04:41 PM
I am amazed about people's opinions on Predator sometimes.
Some people say it's too stiff. Some say it's too whippy.
A friend of mine doesn't like it b/c he says he hits the ob thick whenever he applied inside english. A pro player says he's hitting the ball too thin with it.
Maybe 314 varies too from shaft to shaft. But, that awful ferrule has got to go.

griffith_d
08-01-2003, 09:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Alfie:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr> Great shaft, precisely made, but it put too much on the ball for my taste and seemed out of control on certain shots. <hr /></blockquote>The shaft was the cause?

The problem was solved with a shaft change? <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, the problem with my game has been solved somewhat after quit using the 314,..for certain shots as I said. When using extreme english it would make the OB go off line too much instead of the intended path. This would lend me to believe that the spin on the CB was doing it as the 314 added extra spin. I could not bring my self to change my choice of english(distance from center hit) when going from the Red Dot to the 314 and still applied the same amount. I could not adjust for all shots,...the exception was the draw shot,... I love the effortless way I can get full table draw,...sometimes when not needed and again out of control.

The Pechauer shaft is stiffer like the Pred BK shaft, as it is thicker. I had to buy a new case just so it would fit. The Pech would be a great break cue,....

Griff