PDA

View Full Version : ESPN BCtV Overlaps

Sid_Vicious
07-31-2003, 12:52 PM
Ya know, it is great having multiple selections for pool on TV, but why does it seem that the schedules overlap in time? There is pool on Espn from 7-9CST and also BCtV at 7PM. This is not the first time this has occurred, and I don't believe that it is pure coincidence. Maybe the time slots are specifically chosen by the "TV Pool Gods" or something, and specific times and days are the best for pool players, still it sure would be nice to spread out all of this "new" pool on TV instead of overlapping it over ESPN...sid

Kato
07-31-2003, 02:19 PM
The Pool Gods hate us all. Luckily the T.V. Technology Gods gave us picture and picture. Come on Sid, get with it.

Kato~~~gettin' jiggy with it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato
07-31-2003, 02:29 PM
Sid, is that tonight?

Kato~~~without a T.V. guide and the patience to use the DirecTV guide...............ok I'm lazy /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BCn
07-31-2003, 02:55 PM
Sid
We've had little decision making power in where the program endup in the schedule. We made requests, such as Thur, Fri, Sat evenings and we were able to get thoase time slots.

There was no effort made or desire for that matter to compete with espn's schedule. It would be impossible anyway because of their lack of consistency in the schedule.

One of our goals is to provide regularly scheduled programming to establish viewership. In doing so the viewer can follow the progression of a tournament, a tour, or other.

Sid_Vicious
07-31-2003, 03:12 PM
Yea it is. I have league and won't make the viewing,,,cursed I guess. Had I checked before leaving the house, I would have set the recorder. The reality is that these shows are both taped and going to be re-shown, so no biggie...sid

eg8r
08-02-2003, 09:09 PM
No offense, but why on Earth does the complaining increase as more pool is shown on TV. Why not set a VCR up on another TV and tape whatever overlaps?

I guess this is a good thing to complain about. Too much pool on TV.

eg8r

eg8r
08-02-2003, 09:10 PM
Keep up the good work. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r