PDA

View Full Version : ? on Mike Sigel in BD

SPetty
07-31-2003, 07:48 PM
I have a "Billiard Buddy" who subscribes to BD, but doesn't own a computer! He asked me if I could find out the answer to a question he has, so I told him I'd try you guys.

In the May, 2003 BD, there's 25 questions with Mike Sigel. On page 40 is this question and answer:

Q: Who were the top three [9-ball] players you ever played?
A: Earl, Efren Reyes and Buddy Hall. Buddy was right at the top. Although I'll tell you, during a three-month stretch back in the '80s, the greatest 9-ball player I ever saw was Louis Roberts. It was back when he was listening to that hypnosis tape in his sleep. He walked into a room without even saying a word, and people would just stop and turn around and there was Louis. You could just feel his presence. He played so good it was scary. He had a look on his face, and you knew if he just pointed at a ball, it was in.

The question my friend has is: what is the hypnosis tape that Mike is referring to?

If you guys can help him, I'll bet he buys a computer! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kato
07-31-2003, 08:50 PM
Adam Schick told me that story a couple months ago. Said Louie lost the tape and that was the end of his reign of terror. I'm not sure how true it is but that's how I heard it.

Kato

shoot2thrill
07-31-2003, 09:04 PM
I have a tape just like that. on one side is a day time practice routine. on the other side is a nightime sleep hipnoses all based on pool.as a matter of fact the pro i got mine from had a story about mike and getting hipnotised by this tape. send me an e-mail and I'll tell you more dwjdward@wmconnect.com

bolo
08-01-2003, 12:34 AM
I don't know about the tape, but that story can be told about any number of players. Nick Varner, Billy Incrodona, Richie Ambrose, Wade Crane and more. They all had brief periods when they for what ever reason were unbeatable. Varner went for like a year winning everything.