PDA

View Full Version : It's a another cold day in hell...

rackmup
07-31-2003, 08:29 PM
The Texas Rangers are just one inning away from beating Pedro Martinez and the Boston Red Sox (3-2 right now.)

I live in a baseball Twilight Zone.

Regards,

Ken (American League baseball should be illegal...)

rackmup
07-31-2003, 08:30 PM
Oops. Spoke too soon. Trot Nixon just blasted a 9th-inning lead off jack.

Regards,

Ken (definitely a twilight zone)

Kato
07-31-2003, 09:15 PM
Too bad you weren't here to see your beloved D-Backs get swept out of town by the hottest team in baseball.

Kato~~~~homer.

rackmup
08-01-2003, 04:14 AM
Your boys are playing some good ball but let us not forget...they are in the Wild Card race and nothing is certain yet.

I wish them the best and hope that their success will not be met with the same "garage sale" tactics of a few years back.

You know what I mean.

Regards,

Ken (that Willis kid is tough!)

rackmup
08-01-2003, 04:17 AM
Oh yeah...An A-Rod walk off grand slam in the bottom of the 11th to beat the Red Sox 7-3.

I was never in doubt.

Right.

Regards,

Ken

Wally_in_Cincy
08-01-2003, 06:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> ....I wish them the best and hope that their success will not be met with the same "garage sale" tactics of a few years back.....<hr /></blockquote>

Coincidentally, The Reds are having one of those. I guess they heard that this was the weekend for "The World's Longest Yard Sale" from Covington KY to Gadsden AL.

Gone are Scott Williamson (2000 Rookie of the year), Jose Guillen (the best hitter on the team, with his .337 BA and about 25 homers) and Aaron Boone (our only All-Star). /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Sigh...... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Wally~~got ducats for tommorow, will need a scorecard.

Kato
08-01-2003, 06:57 AM
Down here in South Florida we are resigned to our fate. We pretty much know that next year Pudge will be gone, so to will D Lee and Castilla will be gone. A.J. Burnett will be recovering from surgery and probably not offered the deal he wants. Yes, the Marlins will be different next year than this year, so to will many other small revenue teams.

We're just riding the wave baby. Hey Ken, wanna go to a game?

Kato

9 Ball Girl
08-01-2003, 02:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> Oh yeah...An A-Rod walk off grand slam in the bottom of the 11th to beat the Red Sox 7-3.

I was never in doubt.

Right.

Regards,

Ken <hr /></blockquote>Well, it looks like hell has frozen over and I'll be skatin' home! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
08-01-2003, 03:30 PM
Ken, for your sanity's sake, I hope the Sox win it all this year.
My Angels finally did it last year. I was there against the hated Skanks. No offense Skanks fans. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I was there when Kennedy hit 3 hr's against the Twins to lock the WS trip. In fact my pretty face shows up on the third hr highlite. That is if you slow it 200x.
I cannot explain to you the joy here when we came back and beat Barroid Bonds and the Gnats. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rackmup
08-01-2003, 05:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Hey Ken, wanna go to a game?<hr /></blockquote>

In a word...YES! Will it interfere with pool?

Regards,

Ken

Kato
08-02-2003, 06:06 AM
Yes, but so what? It's always fun to got to a game. Besides, what's so terrible about going to sleep before midnight?

Kato~~~plus we could play after /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralph S.
08-02-2003, 08:19 AM
Hey Ken, how bout that 14 inning marathon win my Cubbies scored over dem rattlers of yours from Arizona! Helluva game from both teams.

eg8r
08-02-2003, 04:18 PM
Ken let me help you out. NO ONE NEEDS TO BEAT PEDRO.

Just sit back and wait until the relievers come into the game. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

rackmup
08-02-2003, 04:23 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

(My moods for all 14 innings.)

Regards,

Ken (on an NFL note: How about the "bulletin board" material re: The Dallas Cowboys from Emmitt Smith of my Arizona Cardinals?)