PDA

View Full Version : I NEED YOUR PRAYERS DESPERATELY

cueball1950
08-01-2003, 02:42 AM
I NEED EVERY PRAYER I CAN GET. I just came from Albany medical center hospital where my 9 month old grandson was taken last night cuz he was having difficulty breathing. When he got to the hospital the Dr's immediately put him on a ventilator to aide him in his breathing. On the way to the hospital he started having seizures. They have done a cat scan and a spinal tap plus tons of blood work so far to try to figure out what is going on. If they know they are not telling us anything yet. We have to wait until sometime today.In the meantime he is in the pediatric intensive care unit at the hospital. He was at a birthday party with the family yesterday and everything seemed fine. he started running a fever today and was taken to the dr's office and the dr sent him home with some antibiotics. 1/2 hour after getting home he had his first seizure. I know what the wonder of prayers can do for the people on this board. So i am asking everybody to please say a prayer for my grandson. His name is Aden Mugrace. Thank you for your prayers...Mike

kingarthur
08-01-2003, 02:58 AM
Though I do not know you at all I will certainly put your grandson on my prayer list.

I can be somewhat of a jester at times in my online posts, however I am not one to joke in terms of illness and the well-being of others(especially concerning children.) I wish your grandson the best. The only thing I can suggest(besides prayer) is to give him all the love and attention you can. Support in that nature really does help. I have suffered life threatening injuries myself and the love one receives from their family is priceless. When I was severely injured I also received lots of letters from people I had never met before(they just happened to read about my "accident" in the newspapers.) These seemingly random notes helped me out alot, and I hope the words you find on this particular board give you some faith.

Like I said I wish your grandson, yourself, and all your family the best.

CarolNYC
08-01-2003, 03:55 AM
PRAYING MIKE!:(
Carol

Rich R.
08-01-2003, 03:59 AM
All the best to your grandson, Mike.
I'm sure the doctors will come up with something and all will be well.

Qtec
08-01-2003, 04:03 AM
Ditto .

Q

CarolNYC
08-01-2003, 04:06 AM
I know Mike! He is a top of the line gentleman, family man, who has over come many hardships and your response is a perfect example of the love and kindness that is still in this world!
TAP! TAP! TAP!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rackmup
08-01-2003, 04:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Psalm 127: 3-5:</font><hr>
Children are a gift from the LORD;
they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man
are like sharp arrows in a warrior's hands.
How happy is the man whose quiver is full of them!
He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates. <hr /></blockquote>

You family and the young man are in my thoughts.

Regards,

Ken

Wally_in_Cincy
08-01-2003, 06:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> I NEED EVERY PRAYER I CAN GET. <hr /></blockquote>

You got 'em.

Have they checked for West Nile virus or meningitis?

Kato
08-01-2003, 06:10 AM
You got it Mike.

Kato

PS. How's Killerbreak doing?

WesK
08-01-2003, 07:26 AM
You got 'em.

wes

bluewolf
08-01-2003, 07:39 AM
Mike,

I am playing for your grandson as well as for you and your whole family. My gut tells me that he will be okay. Kids just bounce back from things so fast.

Seizures with a fever happen more with children than with us. Often a young child can spike a high fever, have seizures and then they get over it fast, especially when they get great medical care. I know you will feel better when you get some answers.

The below Biblical passage is for you.

Isa 43:2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;And through the rivers, they will not overflow you.When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you."

Laura

Ralph S.
08-01-2003, 07:45 AM
Consider them being said on a daily basis. Sad, such a young 'un has to suffer like that.

Barbara
08-01-2003, 07:50 AM
Sounds like he had a reaction to the antibiotics.

My prayers are with you.

Barbara

bluewolf
08-01-2003, 07:56 AM
Good thought Barbara. I thought of either meningitis or anaphylactic shock (meds/allergy), which the doctors caught in time.

Laura

Karatemom
08-01-2003, 08:30 AM
You know you and he have our prayers and thoughts, Mike.
Such a thing shouldn't happen to one so innocent. We will be hoping and praying for the best.

Heide

Hopster
08-01-2003, 09:22 AM
I hope all turns out well. My thoughts are with you and yours.

Fran Crimi
08-01-2003, 10:51 AM
Count me in, Mike. My prayers are with your family and grandson.

Fran

pooljunkie73
08-01-2003, 11:11 AM
Mike,

My prayers are with you and your grandson.Hope he get's better soon.

MikeM
08-01-2003, 11:24 AM
You got it Mike. I hope everything turns out well and soon.

Mike

Mr Ingrate
08-01-2003, 12:09 PM
You've got mine too.

9 Ball Girl
08-01-2003, 02:23 PM
You've got it. And if those doctors don't tell you something soon, there's a NY girl who can go and kick some Upstate doctor butt!

Aden is in my thoughts and prayers...

Voodoo Daddy
08-01-2003, 03:00 PM

Cueless Joey
08-01-2003, 03:06 PM
Mike, Aden is on my prayer tonite.

Chris Cass
08-01-2003, 03:23 PM
You have ours Mike. I hope you keep us up dated on his recovery.

Best wishes,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rod
08-01-2003, 03:43 PM
You got it Mike, best of luck to the little guy.

Rod

Keith Talent
08-01-2003, 03:54 PM
You got it. Hope he pulls through OK.

cueball1950
08-01-2003, 09:33 PM
no change yet. he is still not breathing on his own yet so he is still on the vent. His fever is down to 102.2 so that is a little better. the dr's are leaning towards meningitis. viral or bacterial they don't know yet. they are waiting for the results from the spinal tap. they should be back either sat or sunday. thank all of you wonderful people for all your kind thoughts and words and prayers. i will kep you updated....mike

WesK
08-01-2003, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the update.

I'll keep the positive thoughts flowing.

wes

9 Ball Girl
08-01-2003, 10:27 PM
Mike, my older sister had the same thing happened to her when she was about 7 months old and she was treated with antibiotics, the fever went down, and she was in the hospital for about 2 weeks. My parents were given antibiotics too 'cause supposedly meningitis is contagious. Anyway, my sister pulled through, she's 33 with baby #2 on the way and she's a pain in my a$$.

Aden is going to pull through too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I love that name!