PDA

View Full Version : Richard Black Cue

jjinfla
08-01-2003, 06:14 AM
Just saw a Richard Black Cue with diamond inlay valued at $50,000. Anybody ever see one like this before?

Unfortunately, I was watching the Pretender when the villian (the rich guy) showed it to Jarod.

Is it really a Richard Black? Is the real value 50K?

Can't see them using the name without it being authentic.

Jake

CarolNYC
08-01-2003, 06:44 AM
Hi Jake,
Yep! About two years ago at Superbilliard Expo, Richard Black had a display of his cues and had the gold one-it was magnificent!
At this past Expo,he told me he sold a cue to a wealthy Japanese businessman for 50,000 and now its worth 150,000 or something like that!All I know is, it tripled in value and is on display somewhere!
Check out his website-just beautiful cues!
Take care!
Carol:):)

Barbara
08-01-2003, 06:51 AM
If is was blue with princess cut diamonds in a ring around the cue, then it was the "Rhapsody in Blue" cue he made a few years ago. It was on display at the Super Billiards Expo 3 years ago.

It was used in a tv episode.

Barbara

Kato
08-01-2003, 07:05 AM
Every once in a while I'll go to his cue gallery just to see what I'd have if I had unlimited money. His "Septre" is to die for.

Kato

SPetty
08-01-2003, 11:17 AM
Yes, it was the Rhapsody in Blue cue.
http://www.blackcues.com/cues/images/rhapsody.jpg

Richard Black's web page (http://www.blackcues.com/)

Thanks again Wally for posting the pool on TV. I didn't get to work this morning until 9:30 - I'll have to work late on a Friday!, but it was worth it to see this Pretender episode I hadn't yet seen!

AndyG
08-01-2003, 11:24 AM
Hi Jake, A few years ago at the BCA trade show, I was talking to Richard in the aisle, and he pulled out a couple of new cues. One had several diamonds mounted in the butt, and a diamond mounted atop the joint protector. He took the JP off and accidently dropped it on the floor. The diamond came off and we never found it. He commented 'oh, well, I'll just get another of my wife's ear rings and replace it'. LOL
AndyG

jjinfla
08-01-2003, 11:54 AM
Ah yes, that looks like the one on the show. Wish they would have shown more of it. I don't think they actually hit a ball with it though.

I did tape the episode and added it to my Color Of Money tape.

It sure does beat the cue I am playing with - a predarin.

Jake

Wally_in_Cincy
08-01-2003, 11:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Thanks again Wally for posting the pool on TV.

<font color="blue">You are welcome. I thought it was a very good episode. I used to watch that show when it was new and always enjoyed it. </font color>

I didn't get to work this morning until 9:30 - I'll have to work late on a Friday!, but it was worth it to see this Pretender episode I hadn't yet seen!

<font color="blue">Couldn't you set your vcr to tape it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

SPetty
08-01-2003, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>You are welcome. I thought it was a very good episode. I used to watch that show when it was new and always enjoyed it.

Couldn't you set your vcr to tape it? <hr /></blockquote>I missed the first almost two years of this show. Once I saw it once, I was hooked. But somehow I missed this episode, originally and in reruns!

Setting the VCR to record it would entail relying on the spouse to put the DISH box on the right channel at the right time. Sadly, I've made that mistake before! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Cueless Joey
08-01-2003, 12:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>You are welcome. I thought it was a very good episode. I used to watch that show when it was new and always enjoyed it.

Couldn't you set your vcr to tape it? <hr /></blockquote>I missed the first almost two years of this show. Once I saw it once, I was hooked. But somehow I missed this episode, originally and in reruns!

Setting the VCR to record it would entail relying on the spouse to put the DISH box on the right channel at the right time. Sadly, I've made that mistake before! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Can't you pre-select the show while setting your vcr?
It should come automatically at the right time if it's pre-selected.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-01-2003, 01:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr>
Can't you pre-select the show while setting your vcr?
It should come automatically at the right time if it's pre-selected. <hr /></blockquote>

With my digital cable I have the same problem as Spetty. The signal has to go thru the cable box before the vcr. So you have to tune the cable box to the proper channel and set the vcr to channel 3.

Did not have that problem with analog. I used my vcr as a tuner.

SPetty
08-01-2003, 02:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> The signal has to go thru the cable box before the vcr. So you have to tune the cable box to the proper channel and set the vcr to channel 3.<hr /></blockquote>Yeah, what he said...

dg-in-centralpa
08-01-2003, 08:10 PM
Kato - I agree with you on Richard Black cues. I personally love his "El Blanco Grande." I just have to settle with the one I have of his - "Bushka" model. I love it and it plays like a dream.

DG - who just got done watching "Day the Earth Stood Still"
Gort Klaatu Barada Nitko