PDA

View Full Version : My D19

Karatemom
08-01-2003, 02:11 PM
Well, after sending my D19 off to be refinished and rewrapped almost 2 weeks ago, I finally got it back today. It looks wonderful. There was one ding in the butt that was pretty deep into the finish (CC put it there, too!), and they managed to get that out and refinish it to mint condition. I'm so happy. I was like a kid in the candy store when the UPS truck pulled up, LOL.

Now, another question. I've been doing some checking into another McDermott but haven't found much info. Does anyone know about a McDermott Level 2 M8-PS10 cue? Any information on this cue would be helpful.

Heide ~ happy as a clam

RedHell
08-01-2003, 02:20 PM
Is the D19 the one with the double dice on it ?

How much is this cue current value at ?

I might have a chance to acquire one.

SPetty
08-01-2003, 03:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Well, after sending my D19 off to be refinished and rewrapped almost 2 weeks ago, I finally got it back today. It looks wonderful.

Does anyone know about a McDermott Level 2 M8-PS10 cue? <hr /></blockquote>Good news about your cue! I'm sure you came up with the same thing I did in your internet search for the M8-PS10 cue:

http://www.breaktimebilliards.com/sale/cues/mcdermot/m8-ps10/index.html

Very attractive!

Chris Cass
08-01-2003, 03:35 PM
WOW, you wouldn't know a ding from a dong. The finish was 12 yrs old and that so called ding was an air bubble under the finish coat. Now she's at 100% and looking great. I think you would be happy. It could have been in my cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

C.C.~~running for the hills. hahaha

Karatemom
08-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Yes, it is the one with the double dice on the butt end. Most of the pictures on the net have a natural stain on it, however, mine has a royal blue stain, with black points. Very pretty cue.

I understand that it's value at the moment is $700, approximately. Chris thinks I should sell it, but I really like this cue. Had it for 12 years now and can't seem to part with it.

Heide

Ralph S.
08-01-2003, 05:03 PM
Yes Heide, that would be correct. The listed value of the D-19 in mint condition is $700. Not a bad investment since it originally retailed in 1984 at $340. I would hang on to it, especially since I am partial to McDermott cues. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee
08-02-2003, 09:54 AM
Heide...I have yet to see a cue actually "sell" for the "value" put forth in the Blue Book, or anywhere else.
People will pay what they are willing to pay, and no more.
If you like the way the cue plays, why part with it? IMO, you'd be lucky to get 2/3 (appx. $500), if that. What would you replace it with for that? More important, what if you didn't like the new cue as well as the old one?

Scott Lee

Karatemom
08-02-2003, 10:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Heide...I have yet to see a cue actually "sell" for the "value" put forth in the Blue Book, or anywhere else.
People will pay what they are willing to pay, and no more.
If you like the way the cue plays, why part with it? IMO, you'd be lucky to get 2/3 (appx. $500), if that. What would you replace it with for that? More important, what if you didn't like the new cue as well as the old one?

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>There's a fella here in town that has had his eye on the McD since we moved here, and bugs me about it everytime I see him. I don't know how high he would go to buy it, but he won't get that chance. I'm not selling. I could shoot with the Lucasi, but there's just something about your "first cue" that I can't part with.

Heide

Chris Cass
08-02-2003, 05:12 PM
Well,

It's not so much for the value as it is staying with one cue. If your going to stay with the McD that's alright with me but you still have a Lucasi too. You know I would never force you to give up something you love. I can't see a cue just sit there. You need to play with it, move up in quality of the hit to improve your game or feel, something that makes you never want to stop playing.

Regards,

C.C.~~keeping motivated... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
08-07-2003, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Well, after sending my D19 off to be refinished and rewrapped almost 2 weeks ago, I finally got it back today. It looks wonderful. ....<hr /></blockquote>

Who did you send it to?

Wally~~could use a re-wrap

Karatemom
08-07-2003, 01:17 PM
I sent it to McDermott, who did a great job on it, however, I know for a fact that Jacoby does a stupendous job on the finish and wrap.

Heide