PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by ccboard_admin

04-03-2002, 01:48 PM

04-03-2002, 02:24 PM
Great to hear that the surgery helped!

You are right that few pro's wear glasses. But you'd be surprised at how many of them wear contact lenses!

I won't mention names, but I know at least a few well-known pro's that are "blind as a bat" without their contact lenses!
/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

JohnnyP
04-05-2002, 12:26 PM
Do you need to put on reading glasses to do close-up work, after the procedure?

In my case, it wouldn't matter much, since I'm so near sighted. I need my glasses for anything farther away than about 15 inches.

Cueless Joey
04-05-2002, 12:39 PM
JP, research this and get opinionS. My co-worker had Lasik done. She can't see jack right now. She has to stick her nose inches from the monitor to work on computers. She has to wear reading glasses now. She was severely nearsighted b4.
I had Radial K done in '96. I tell you what, doctors do lie. They painted me a rosy picture. Post-op was hell. My eyes hurt for months. I couldn't see jack at night for about 6 months. My left eye was left at 20/40 and my right eye was supposed to be 20/20. I had to have the right eye redone. Lasik is much better of course and post-up is not as painful since they don't cut your eyes as badly as the old way with a knife. My brother had Lasik done. So did my friend who shoots pool for thousands of dollars per set. They are both very happy. But, they were not that badly nearsighted. Not worse that -400 any eye. If you are -700 or so in one eye or both, you need to consult with doctors. Flattening your cornhea at this level might be stretching it. Good luck.

Tom_In_Cincy
04-05-2002, 04:48 PM
I've heard nothing but good stories from the pool players that have had this done. I am still waiting for the results of a friend/pool player that had it done a little more than a month ago.. so far, he's liking it a lot..

04-08-2002, 09:12 AM
You know, I would like to hear from people that have had the surgery recently(less than 1 yr ago). I've heard that you can have 20/20 after the surgery, but 1 eye can get slightly worse soon after. I'm thinking about it for myself, but I'd like to see some more success stories(guinea pigs) before I go for it.

Eric >blind in 1 eye,can't hear out of the other