PDA

View Full Version : Cue Cases

bott1637
08-02-2003, 07:21 PM
I absolutely love the look of all the Instroke cases, but being a college student can't exactly justify spending that kind of money on one of them. So I have been looking to see if anyone makes a case similar in appearence. Does anyone have or know of a different brand for less money with the same appearance.

What about Vincitore Cue Cases? They have the same awesome look to them, does anyone know anything of their quality?

rackmup
08-02-2003, 07:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bott1637:</font><hr> looking to see if anyone makes a case similar in appearence. <hr /></blockquote>

There are several cases made that are Instroke "knockoffs." OPC ordered one from eBay! or some other Internet site, thinking it was a Instroke but it turned out to be a fake. It didn't look bad but it wasn't the quality of an Instroke.

If I were you, knowing now that most all of the money I wasted on an education could have been better spent on quality pool gear, I would simply drop two classes for a semester and buy a good case.

If you want a GREAT case, drop out for a year and buy a Jack Justis (http://members.aol.com/JJustis4/index.html) case. Just look at it this way:

Colleges will be there forever, Jack Justis is a mortal being. Get my drift?

Regards,

Ken (A mind is a terrible thing to taste.)

Harold Acosta
08-02-2003, 09:25 PM
Instrokes are the "real thing." You won't find a "knockout" case that is similar in leather quality and construction to the Instroke.

Vincitore, Imperial, won't never compare. You may get "B" quality leather, and sometimes the so called "A" leather cases of these knockouts won't compare. I would rather purchase a Porper but beware that their quality (Porper's) have also diminished.

PQQLK9
08-02-2003, 09:58 PM
www.seyberts.com (http://www.seyberts.com) has the Instroke Vinyl Cowboy 2x4 cases for $117.00.
$129.00 - their Seyberts Bucks Discount = $117.00.
I bought one and the quality is just as good as my 3x5 Insroke Leather Cowboy Model.

griffith_d
08-02-2003, 10:05 PM
If you cannot find a case at Seybert's,..then you won't find a case at all.

Griff

bolo
08-02-2003, 10:18 PM
Check ebay, there are some good deals there on Instroke. They have a very low wholesale price (I think the retail is inflated a bit) and ebay type dealers can offer them pretty cheap. Just contact one and see what kind of deal they will give you on a case you would like.

bluewolf
08-03-2003, 07:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bott1637:</font><hr> Does anyone have or know of a different brand for less money with the same appearance.

What about Vincitore Cue Cases? They have the same awesome look to them, does anyone know anything of their quality? <hr /></blockquote>

IMO whitten and justice are the cadillac of cue cases. I was lucky enough to be contacted by someone who had a used leather cowboy 2x4 instroke they wanted to sell. I absolutely love it. It is kind of like how great it is to have an old leather jacket. I dont know if I will ever get that justice or whitten now.

OTOH, I bought the vinyl instroke first and it does not seem as sturdy as my leather one I am now using.Certain things on the vinyl one have broken off and another player I know, well his vinyl one has practically fallen apart and wishes he bought the leather one.

Laura

dooziexx
08-03-2003, 07:51 AM
I have a Instroke Buffalo 2x4 for sale if anyone is interested. Email me at dooziexx@yahoo.com

datplayer
08-03-2003, 09:05 AM
I think the best case for the money may be Benley Cases. I'm not sure if they are made by the same company that makes the luggage, but they are pretty great quality. My case is leather, 2x4 and holds the cue either up or down, and, my favorite feature, has a key lock. Comes in handy if you attend touraments and can't always keep both eyes on your cues. AND...I only paid $80 for it and it has lasted for the past 3 years.

rackmup
08-03-2003, 09:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> IMO whitten and justice <hr /></blockquote>

It's "JUSTIS" not "Justice."

See...you're not focusing again.

Regards,

Ken

08-03-2003, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> IMO whitten and justice <hr /></blockquote>

It's "JUSTIS" not "Justice."

See...you're not focusing again.

Regards,

Ken <hr /></blockquote>

What's one more on top of all the other spelling and grammar errors. Her grammar borderlines on EBONICS. I guess thats what happens when you decide that dropping out of High School is the cool thing to do.(don't believe that she has all these "advance college degrees")