PDA

View Full Version : Quickest You've Seen Someone Pick Up The Game

Sid_Vicious
08-03-2003, 10:18 AM
Every once in a while I hear someone say that they've only played pool for 6 months, others maybe 2 years or so, and I mean NEVER played until the current start These players give a workout to many lifetime players on the local scene, go figure. It got me to wondering what y'all have seen in your travels in the billiard world as far as people who just grab onto the fundamentals and get good, quick...sid~~~is still working on his game after decades,,,it ain't fair some people get good easy ;-)

bolo
08-03-2003, 11:47 AM
Dennis Hatch, he learned to play almost over night. Improve more in one year then anyone I ever saw. He actually seemed to play better from one day to the next. He went from a beginner to close to a world class player in four years. No kidding. Most talented player I ever saw.

cycopath
08-03-2003, 05:05 PM
My wife.
It's scary how much she has improved since she started playing a year ago.

Nostroke
08-03-2003, 06:39 PM
Buddy Hall said in an interview that he ran his first rack of nineball within 30 days of hitting his frist ball. I asked Earl and he said he ran his first rack within a "similar" time. Ive seen quite a few players rise to B level within a year or two. Kid D went from C to Open in 3 or 4 years id say.