PDA

View Full Version : Furniture Polish on a bar box?

ChrisW
08-07-2003, 11:13 AM
A friend of mine takes really good care of a pair of bar boxes at a local bar. He levels, vacuums, cleans and also uses a spray furniture polish on the cloth. He simply holds the can about 2ft above the table and spray an even coat.
He says that it can seal up the cloth so that less dirt can get under the cloth. I played on it soon after he did this and the table was very fast(which I thought was super). But I was wondering if the polish itself would create a build-up on the cloth.
Has anybody had any experience with this?

Chris --- Loves a fast table

Tom_In_Cincy
08-07-2003, 11:30 AM
Does he do anything, like wipe it off, or vaccuum it afterwards?

just wondering.. my first reaction was negative.. but I remembered a product they used at the US Open last yeat where they sprayed the cloth and wiped it CLEAN.. afterwards. This product seemed to work really well..

ChrisW
08-07-2003, 12:31 PM
Nope he doesn't do anything after. Actually its the last thing he does. He brushes (sometimes vacuum),wipes the rails and cloth with a damp rag and then sprays.
I think he has people wait about 5 minutes before playing on it.
Chris

RedHell
08-07-2003, 12:41 PM
I saw someone do the same on bar box in Bermuda. I discussed it before on RSB and it wasn't recommended to do so. Apparently it will create more slide on the cloth by removing friction ?!?!

The Product that Tom refered to is called Quick-Clean. Frank Glenn (one of the partner of Quick Clean) is a frequent poster on RSB. This product get great review for cleaning clothe and even Irish linen.