PDA

View Full Version : The Big Apple Tournament

9 Ball Girl
08-07-2003, 12:11 PM
Anyone going to the Master Billiards Big Apple Tournament next weekend (8/15-17)? I'll be there 'cause I'm one of the "Raffle Girls".../ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif We're raffling off 3 cues, I forget which but I'll know when I go to the Player's meeting...

Wendy~~~me--a Raffle Girl! http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1045734433.gif

Keith Talent
08-07-2003, 01:58 PM
Looking forward to it. Plan to be there at the Friday start. Then probably Saturday night and/or Sunday. Any hassle with tix or seating? Any surprise entrants?

What's up with the raffle?

9 Ball Girl
08-07-2003, 02:16 PM
Introduce yourself to me then man! Three cues are being raffled off. I don't know which kind but I think they're in the $1,200-$1,500 range. (I have to be at the players meeting and I'll find out more then). The seating should be pretty good from what the layout is supposed to be. Surprise entrants? If I tell you then it won't be a surprise! http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1056158225.gif

Keith Talent
08-07-2003, 03:27 PM
Wendy,
Even without any of the enticements you've dangled to the U.S. Open crowd, I'll step out of my empowering Web-based anonymity, say howdy, and buy a ticket.

pro9dg
08-11-2003, 07:18 AM
UK Tour Players are in town for this event. Daryl Peach, Kevin Smith and Fabio Petroni are already here. Imran Majid, Steve Knight, Gareth Esprit and Anthony Crosby will be here midweek.
Doug Gordon

9 Ball Girl
08-11-2003, 07:55 AM
Yeah, I guess I'll meet them all at the players meeting on Thursday. There should be some good action.

Wendy~~~still doesn't know what cues I'm raffling off!

nAz
08-11-2003, 12:48 PM
with out earl is it really worth it?
I wonder how the Fillipinios will perform on those "tables".
the NYC players should have a great chance to finish on top there. (Ginky)

9 Ball Girl
08-11-2003, 02:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> with out earl is it really worth it?<hr /></blockquote>
Hey, at least I'll see him at the US Open!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>I wonder how the Fillipinios will perform on those "tables".<hr /></blockquote>
Why don't you come and find out how they'll do on the newly reclothed, rerailed, resized pocket "tables" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>the NYC players should have a great chance to finish on top there. (Ginky) <hr /></blockquote>
Well they definitely have an advantage in that they play there every week, Ginky, Frankie, Danny, Alaska, etc., but like I said, the tables are fast, the rails are bouncy, so we'll see...

Keith Talent
08-11-2003, 02:38 PM
So what have they done with the pockets? I played there a couple of weeks ago for the first time and ended up on one with maybe 4.25-inch pockets. Ones in front looked tighter still.

Tormented myself for about 4 hours, rattlling all kinds of shots out. But felt like one bad dude for a couple of 15-minute intervals when everything was falling. Guy from the counter calls over, "So, you like tight pockets?" I mutter, "Not really." /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-11-2003, 03:15 PM
The tight tables at Master's are tables 7, 8, and 25. I heard that they were going to resize the pockets, something like that.

Rod
08-11-2003, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the rails are bouncy <hr /></blockquote>

Bouncy eh? All this new technical jargon just throws me for a loop. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fran Crimi
08-11-2003, 08:49 PM
Yup, Rod. We do 'bouncy' in NYC.

'Bouncy rails', according to Webster's: Big-ass humid.

For you desert folk, that means wet, like that stuff that falls from the sky in your town twice a year. (You lucky dog).

Fran

CarolNYC
08-12-2003, 04:27 AM
To a wonderful Gentleman,
I will be looking forward to sharing my 7-up with you:):):):)
Travel safely!
Carol:):):)

Keith Talent
08-12-2003, 08:20 AM
Yup, I was on 25, but refused to admit defeat. I grabbed a couple of balls and checked the neighboring tables, and they were none too generous either, but at least , or just barely, 4.5, anyway.