PDA

View Full Version : My very strange week.

Fast Eddie NSU
08-07-2003, 08:54 PM
Well to start off I play in a tourney every thusday in my college town of Tahlequah. This tourney is usually very small consisting of the same 15 people that are always there with a 3 doller entry fee. Nothing big but alot of fun. Well last thursday about 6-7 new guys showed up and automatically started running there mouth challenging people and such. Us "regulars" took it all in stride as must of these individuals were rather intoxicated. Well I drew one of the guys first round and broke and ran on him. He was very upset and wouldnt shake my hand or even look at me. Well my next game is against a good friend of mine and on all my shots the guy I beat would either yell,bump me, laugh or something to shark me.

It honestly had no effect till I was on the 8 and he hit the butt of my cue and made me miscue. Being the happy go lucky guy I am, not wanting to get upset over a 20 doller tourney /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif, just smiled and let my friend pocket the 8. Well I dropped to the losers bracket and went against another guy, broke, ran to the 8 and right in the middle of my stroke our friend yelled scratch and I miscued. Well I lost my patience and yelled a bit, there was some shoving and such and I left to the encouragment of my fiance. Well today I find out the smae guy tried the same crap with another guy and he was stabbed 14 times in the chest and had his jaw wired shut....they dont know if he will live or not.

Kinda makes you think what would have happened.

stick8
08-07-2003, 11:38 PM
Boy!!! youall go all out when you play 8ball in OKL,sounds like my young days. win and back out of the place, alchole and driving dont work, not with sports eather.

Hopster
08-07-2003, 11:41 PM
Well today I find out the smae guy tried the same crap with another guy and he was stabbed 14 times in the chest and had his jaw wired shut....they dont know if he will live or not. <--fast Eddie

Well its good that you didnt do it to him but the guy definetly had it coming to him if he was as bad as you say.
You dont mess with people you dont know. You do and you take your life in your hands. I was a bad drunk and used to get out of line. An older guy told me that i got a pass on a lot of things i did because of lets just say circumstances. But he said one day youre going to mess with someone in a bar who dont know who you or your friends are and youre going to get a blade in your back or a slug in your head, that fast and that simple. I actually took this to heart and started quieting down some especially after a friend of mine got knifed to death in a bar not too long after. Brooklyn was not a nice place at times. lol

Qtec
08-08-2003, 12:59 AM
Fast, well done mate. You kept your cool and did the right thing.Why didnt the owner throw them out or call the police?

"He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword".

The death penalty doesnt seem to be having the desired effect.

Q

Hopster
08-08-2003, 02:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Fast, well done mate. You kept your cool and did the right thing.Why didnt the owner throw them out or call the police?

"He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword".

The death penalty doesnt seem to be having the desired effect.

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Yes he did do good.
And the death penalty would have the desired effect if it was used right. Instead guys get a ton of appeals and new trials. Texas is the only place that uses it and even there it takes too much time. Classic example is John Gacy the clown murderer. The guy had upwards of 35 bodies of young boys buried in his basement and Illinois took 15 years to execute him !! 15 years !! What more evidence did they need ?? They must have been waiting to see if judgement day was coming soon so the bodies could get up and point a finger at him. Totally disgusting. The guy should have been dead 2 mins after the trial.
New York just reinstated it but they will be playing nine ball on the moon before they use it there.

CarolNYC
08-08-2003, 05:04 AM
Hi there,
I'd just like to say that I sympathize with you that you have to play pool under outrageous and unacceptable conditions-its situations like this that give billiards a bad name!Its a shame that violence erupted and I think intoxication played a big role! I just cant imagine playing pool in an atmosphere such as this-just for comparison, on league last evening, I had to spot my opponent one on the wire, race to 9-he comes out shooting like hell on wheels and has me 6-1, I slowly come back and make it 6-6, he wins the next two and its 8-6,him,and then he says"Im on the hill ya know!"Just those words ticked me off (who knows, maybe cause I was stuck in the Holland Tunnel for 20 minutes heading up to Manhatten)so, I won the next game, got cocky and said, 'Well, Im right behind you" then won the next and said "Im sitting with you" then won the match and said 'Good match!"All I can say is ,Im sorry you have to play like that and I'll count my blessings each day that my atmospheres are respectable ones!
Wish you the best!
Carol ~Oh, Aloha back at ya!:):):):)

Barbara
08-08-2003, 07:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Hi there,
(who knows, maybe cause I was stuck in the Holland Tunnel for 20 minutes heading up to Manhatten)Carol ~Oh, Aloha back at ya!:):):):) <hr /></blockquote>

You mean I'm not the only one who gets stuck in the Holland Tunnel??? Wow!!!

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cuechick
08-08-2003, 07:48 AM
I'm sorry I am not sure from your story WHO got stabbed, the guy you played and then later argued with? Or the guy HE sharked later?
Also, I think, who ever runs this toruney migth want to be careful about allowing people who are obviously drunk, in.

cuechick
08-08-2003, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well its good that you didnt do it to him but the guy definetly had it coming to him if he was as bad as you say. <hr /></blockquote>

NO ONE deserves to die over a pool game...no matter how a big an idiot they may be. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

CarolNYC
08-08-2003, 09:42 AM
Barbara,
Im travelling at the prime time of rush hour and yesterday was just HORRENDOUS!You have 5 lanes on the right going into one and 4 lanes on the left going into one-this bus was soooooooo close to me, I reached my arm out and knocked on his door and said "EXCUSE ME!"Unbelievable!
Carol~feels for Barb when she gets stuck in traffic!